DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany.
As the leading professional organisation in the field of adult education and development cooperation, DVV International has committed itself to supporting lifelong learning for 50 years. DVV International provides worldwide support for the establishment and development of sustainable structures for Youth and Adult Education.
In Africa, DVV is currently working in 9 countries. DVV is in the process of developing a Pan-African online platform for adult education professionals and is seeking a full-time content manager. Working as part of a team, the selected candidate will perform the following duties, and possess these qualifications and experience.
Job Title: Content Manager
Location: Nelson Mandela University, Port Elizabeth
Task and Duties:
- Identification and development of content/themes together with relevant actors in DVV International African partner countries
- Development of editorial guidelines and procedures for authors
- Conceptual and editorial support to authors
- Quality assurance of content: thematic, layout, visual content
- Develop and maintain a database of authors and contributors
- Marketing and PR of the platform, and network building with relevant stakeholders
- Management of platform launch process
- Continuous development of the platform
- Management of project activities to meet project requirements
- Management of tendering processes of external consultancies and quality check of products (e.g. translations).
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree, preferably master’s level, in education, social sciences, development or media studies
- A minimum of three years of experience in online content development and online editing
- In-depth knowledge of education and adult education on the African continent
- Experience in working in cooperation with different African countries and contexts
- Experience in management and design of launch processes
- Knowledge, skills, and experience of project management
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for constructive dialogue with stakeholders from different countries and for quality assurance.
- French language skills would be a strong advantage (written and verbal).
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and cover letter with three traceable references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 17:00 on 7 February, 2020.