The Early Learning Resource Unit (ELRU) is an NGO within the Early Childhood Development sector located in Lansdowne, Cape Town. ELRU’s vision is to give every child in South Africa a good start in life, while providing holistic support to the child through enabling access to an integrated package of quality essential services. Our workspace is diverse, unique and welcoming to all.
Job Title: Junior Marketing Officer
Reports To: Communications and Fundraising Officer
Location: 19 Flamingo Crescent Lansdowne
The Junior Marketing Officer will assist and develop all Fundraising, media, marketing and communication strategies both internally and externally. The person will need to administer the necessary organisational and programme related marketing releases, conduct marketing campaigns, assist in structural proposal writing and complete all necessary administrative requirements of the department.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Develop key promotional messages in consultation with programme teams and Manco
- Research and identify potential local and international corporates, trusts, foundations and governmental prospects to meet CHSA’s operational, project and capital requirements
- Participate in developing and evaluating feasibility, efficiency and quality of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials
- Coordinate marketing activities and events for the organisation. This includes creating the marketing strategies, including online platforms in achieving profitability, growth and development for each programme
- Conduct awareness campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops, etc
- Participate in donor visits for showcasing project progress and achievements when necessary
- Do analysis on the impact of such campaigns and strategies to ensure effectiveness
- Maintain the fundraising data base and comprehensive schedule of funding opportunities
- Analyse competitor activity in the NGO sector (market research)
- Work with programme teams to ensure they have all necessary marketing stationery
- Attend industry specific exhibitions and events
- Manage the necessary electronic and hard copy filing system
- Support the Communications and Fundraising officer
Prerequisite for the positon
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or Social Sciences
- At least 1,5 year’ of professional work experience in designing and executing communication activities, writing or fundraising
- Very good mastering of English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media. Experience with communication/creative agencies etc
- Ability to communicate face to face with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external beings.
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks (Microsoft Office)
- Experience of working with local NGOs and government bodies would be an advantage
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to: [email protected]
Only qualified individuals as listed above will be considered for an interview.
Closing Date: 15 January 2019