ELRU is a non-governmental organisation primarily focused on improving the cognitive development and executive functioning skills of young children in order to increase their attendance and success at school and reduce intergenerational poverty.
Our programmes create circles of support around the child beginning at conception with particular care for vulnerable mothers, fathers and children.
Job Title: Human Resource and Office Administrator
Location: South Africa
The position requires an Individual to manage and coordinate the Human Resource department and office operations on a daily basis. This includes implementing controls and procedures, creating organisational effectiveness, efficiency and safety of all employees. The Human Resource and Office Administrator must be an energetic and peoples’ person who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats, and welcomes the diversity and culture of our organisation.
Job Description Functions:
- Support the development and implementation of all HR initiatives and systems.
- Assist in the development, implementation and communication of policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting advertisements and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Develop training and development programmes for ELRU employees.
- Assist in performance management processes through the existing PDP management system.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Monitor staff performance and attendance.
- Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance.
- Organise and maintain personnel records and files
- Ensure the yearly Occupational Health and Safety Compliance Audit is complete.
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guides
- Manage core office supplies, stock take and new orders.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses (IT, Telephone, Printers) and office actuals vs budget.
- Maintain and update company database.
- Organise a filing system for important and confidential company documents.
- Process insurance claims
- General office maintenance in line with core budget.
- Stock control and oversight in support of the office administrator.
- Asset and vehicle management processes and controls.
- Office IT management and support.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Contract Management.
Requirements for the Positon
- A qualification in Human Resource Management
- At least 5years of professional work experience in Human Resource Management
- Must live in Cape Town
- Good communication and writing skills
- Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks (Microsoft Office)
- Peoples personal and positive attitude
- Experience of working with local NGOs and government bodies would be an advantage
Please send resumes and a cover letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Saturday, 21 March, 2020