Started in 2007, Earthchild Project (ECP) operates in under-resourced schools in Cape Town. Working with children and teachers, their holistic education programmes focus on life-skills, wellness and the environment. ECP aims to inspire a new generation of confident, conscious and responsible young leaders.
ECP works across 8 schools in Khayelitsha and Lavender Hill, reaching over 3500 children and 80 teachers every week. They run a variety of Programmes from yoga classes, eco clubs, leadership training, holiday programmes, teacher training workshops and more.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of this position is to find someone who can ‘hold’ the big picture but also ensure the smooth implementation of day-to-day operations and a high quality of programme delivery. Someone who can manage, lead and support their operational team, ensuring they are on track with their strategy.
- Assist in the development of ECP’s strategy, together with the team, Director and the Board.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop sound operational plans, aligned to ECP’s strategy.
- Review and evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and report these results to the Board.
- Creating simple systems to ensure the smooth implementation of all programmes. This will include developing and implementing administrative systems.
- Ensuring our Monitoring & Evaluation systems are being implemented and reporting to the Board on outcomes and recommendations.
- Managing, leading and supporting their operational team. This will include working with and overseeing a diverse range of staff from senior programme managers, to junior facilitators.
- Creating simple, clear communication tools and processes to ensure cohesion within the team.
- Developing and managing staff development & performance management within operational team.
- Development and implementation of induction programme for new ECP staff
- Programme Finance:
- Manage the operational finances of ECP, including expenditure
- Report to Board on operational finances and projected expenditure
- Support the Director in developing the annual Programme budget
- Management experience, preferably in a senior position for five years
- Ability to manage a diverse and geographically dispersed team
- A high proficiency in computer skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license
Please put your ‘Name & Surname – Operations Manager’ in the subject line, and email the following to [email protected]:
- Your CV (max 2 pages) – including a photo of yourself and your date of birth
- Motivation letter (max 2 pages) – please share why joining the ECP team excites and inspires you and why you’d be the best person for the job