We are looking for a Housemother (Care Giver) for a Child and Youth Care Center (registered PBO and S18A nonprofit company for the care of orphaned and abandoned childen) to be based in Benoni. The Housemother should be dedicated to the improvement of life for young children. Live in position.
Job Title: HouseMother – Child and Youth Care Worker
Location: South African
The successful applicant will share a home with House Parents and meals will be provided. Working hours may be flexible and up for discussion, eg: work three days on and three days off. We comply with all basic conditions of employment
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Arrange for the reception of the children
- Arrange for the appropriate sleeping arrangement of the child/ren.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the house.
- Waking up, meals, bedtime and preparation.
- Caring for sick children
- Maintain clean, safe living environment.
- Enrolment of children in school
- Transport the children to school and other extra-curricular activities
- Ensure that children’s Homework is completed
- Take children to appointments as instructed by the Social Worker.
- Planning activities.
- Supervise children activities eg: riding of bicycles, swimming
- Keeping track of inventories
- Uphold the policies and standards of the company.
- Grade 12 or the Equivalent.
- Training/Qualifications and experience working with children.
- Proficiency in English (and additional SA languages will be an added advantage).
- Driver’s License and PDP.
- Form 30
- SAPS Clearance
- Ability to communicate
- First Aid.
- Preferably registered with the SACSSP
- Preferably Muslim.
Please send a complete cv with contactable references and a photo of yourself along with a motivation letter to [email protected] or 079 109 2880 or [email protected] or 082 416 3211
No of positions = 4 (2 live in and 2 live out)
Salary negotiable = based on experience and qualifications
Application Deadline: Friday, 31 July, 2020