Eastern Cape Refugee Centre(ECRC) seeks to strengthen social trust among key community actors, including community based organizations, refugee and migrant groups, local political and traditional leaders in hot-spot communities and to build coalitions of South African citizens, refugee and migrants which promotes peaceful civic engagement and social cohesion.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Port Elizabeth South Africa.
Reports to: Project Director
The purpose of this position will be to strategically oversee implementation of the UNHCR social cohesion project.
Employment Type: Full time position for 6months
- Define project scope, goals deliverables that support business goals
- Communicate project expectations to team members plus stakeholders in a timely clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Manage project expectations with team members other stakeholders
- Schedule project timelines milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones deliverables
- Determine the frequency content of status reports from the project team; analyzing results, and also troubleshooting problem areas
- Define project success criteria; disseminating them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Create a recommendation report in order to identify successful unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices as well as tools for project execution management
- Associate’s degree in marketing, Politics, International relations or an area related to the program field
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite; specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates the ability to be well-organized and to delegate work where appropriate
- and displays strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a resume to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 30 June, 2020