Eastern Cape Refugee Centre(ECRC) seeks to strengthen social trust among key community actors, including community based organizations, refugee and migrant groups, local political and traditional leaders in hot-spot communities and to build coalitions of South African citizens, refugee and migrants which promotes peaceful civic engagement and social cohesion.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location Port Elizabeth South Africa.
The purpose of this position is to find a person who will assist with the financial and administrative functions according to the regulations, policies and procedures of donors and the South African government.
- Provide overall financial cost accounting support
- Provide support to senior management in managing operations against budget plus strategic goals on a daily, monthly annual basis
- Assist manage monthly financial closings
- Insure accurate general ledger accost balances
- Assist in coordinating financial internal audits
- Assist in developing as well as monitoring internal control policies, procedures controls
- Assist in monitoring capital projects business development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, International Relations, or related field;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite; specifically Excel and Word and Pastel Preferred;
- Knowledge of South African accounting and financial laws;
- Ability to analyze financial information efficiently and accurately;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Qualified candidates are invited to send thier resume to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 March, 2020