Posted on :
11 Aug, 2020
At Ecowize, we rely on our IT systems to power the solutions that help us meet our goals. We’re seeking an experienced IT manager who can join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient.
In this role, you will analyse our current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training.
Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth as a business.
Job Title: IT Manager – Cape Town
Location: Milnerton, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference: # IT_CPT
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
High Level Objectives:
• Drive strategy and manage resources (both internal and 3rdparty) to ensure the best solutions that are high quality, cost effective, sustainable and market leading.
• To manage the relationships with, and between external suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service delivery is in-line with agreed contracts.
• Liaising regularly with executives and senior management and analyse the business requirements of all entities and departments to determine their technology needs and implement suitable software/systems where needed, supporting the business strategy which are compliant with all IT systems.
• Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and system.
• To create and maintain an Information Technology & Management strategy in line with the Group’s strategy.
• NDip IT, BTech IT, BSc IT or similar technical qualification is essential in order to successfully apply for this position.
• Professional IT Certifications in Infrastructure (such as A+, N+, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) is an advantage.
• Azure solutions architect will be an advantage.
Required job skills:
•Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
•Project & Time Management skills.
•Communication, Interpersonal & Leadership skills.
Required job experience;
• Must have 5+ years Senior IT Management experience.
• 3-5 Years Management of a team (delegation and supervision).
• 3-5 Years Project Management.
• 3-5 Years Infrastructure.
• Experience in business with multiple small to medium locations (130 + contracts).
• Experience in assisting businesses to move to a cloud based solution.
• Experience in assisting businesses to implement Sharepoint.
• MS SQL Server 2008-2016 MCDBA.
• PABX (Mitel).
• Accpac (Sage 300).
•Ability to manage and delegate tasks effectively.
•Good understanding of operations and service orientated.
•Must be comfortable with the Ecowize culture and values; Respect, Honesty and Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Open Communication, and Service Excellence.
Please ensure that you have the minimum job requirements, before applying.
The Company is committed to complying with legislation and to meet its strategic goals with regard to employment equity.
Application Deadline: 31/08/2020