Posted on :
20 Jul, 2017
20 Jul, 2017
Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities.
As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
We’re looking for a savvy individual with a keen understanding of Huffington Post as a brand and passion for digital, news and lifestyle. You need to be passionate about engaging with the news, both hard news and lifestyle, in your own time and have ideas on what we can do better to reach new and younger audiences.
You should love watching videos online and have a great interest in what will get people clicking to watch videos. And finally you shouldn’t be afraid to work hard, and help out anywhere that’s needed around the office, from making coffee, to filling out stationery orders.
-Matric with relevant journalism or media related qualification;
-Video editing and production skills a plus;
-Must be active on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and/or Instagram.
Skills & Competencies
– Have a good SA-focussed writing style and voice ;
– Exceptional content creation skills – witty, pithy, fun and engaging;
– Great interpersonal communication skills;
– Good handle on social media content creation and editorial integration;
– Be naturally curious
Duties & Responsibilities
– Download videos from our various partners and upload it on to our site;
– Go through published articles on the site and ensure there are videos embedded wherever possible;
– Assist in moderating comments;
– Assist with administration for the team, including assisting the editor in managing the needs of the office;
– Assist with content production and processing as well as social media where necessary;
– Able to navigate content management systems and social media management tools with ease;
– Must be organised, able to apply attention to detail and be assertive in interpreting briefs and assignments as part of a rigorous content production schedule;
– Deadline-driven and able to contribute enthusiastically to editorial meetings
– Film and edit video content and must be able to create gifs.
Close Date: 2017/07/20