Edulution Holdings is a social enterprise founded in 2015. Our vision is an Africa whose people are skilled and empowered. We run ‘Catch Up’ Programs for primary school learners. We use a unique mix
of technology, enterprising coaches and evidence-based analytics to enable learners to revise and master essential numeracy, literacy and digital skills.
We have 10 000+ learners enrolled in our programs in 35 centres in Zambia and 1 200+ learners enrolled in our after-school programs in 10 centres in Namibia. We will open 20 centres in South Africa in 2021.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Highly organised, effective communicator with ability to co-ordinate multiple streams of activity. Must be energised by working with people and motivating them daily to deliver their best efforts. Must enjoy mentoring and coaching young people to become confident, accountable problem solvers. Must be extremely comfortable using technology as it is essential to the Edulution program. Must be willing to travel extensively.
- Recruit, train, manage, evaluate and support Edulution Coaches in the field.
- Create and manage monthly deployment schedules and co-ordinate all aspects of in-field operations.
- Build and manage effective relationships with Teachers and Principals.
- Communicate effectively with Coaches, Educators and Funders.
Program Management services:
- Manage all operational activities that relate directly to the day-to-day smooth running of the program
- Ensure each centre has the required equipment at all times, arrange month-end
- Meetings with Principals, plan and run Coach month-end meetings.
- Program quality and effectiveness: Monitor Coaches and ensure they maintain and follow the relevant processes and procedures at the learning centers. Analyse data and KPIs to identify concerns and target areas. Take appropriate action.
- Work with the Strategic Services team and the Ministry of Education to agree methodology and timelines for evaluation of the efficacy of the 2-year pilot program.
- Custodian of the flame: Promote, extend and consolidate the Edulution values and ethos and
- Tribe spirit.
- Work with the Office Manager to prepare inputs to the monthly Operating Cash forecast requirements.
Centre and Coach support services:
- Provide a strong and accountable team structure with clarity around deliverables
- Facilitate the core values and uphold internal standards for Coaches in addition to centre standards, to serve the program and protect assets and resources
- Visit Centres weekly and work with Coaches to uphold the Edulution Coaching environment
- Conduct Coach evaluations, exit interviews and manage any disciplinary requirements
- Work to plan deployment options that extend into succession planning in urban and rural locations
- Complete site visit reports and follow up on actions identified at Centres
- Monitor and evaluate tech/solar situations and report to relevant person for follow-up.
- Provide on-going multi-level tech support to Coaches as and when required.
- Communicate with Coaches daily – through multiple mediums – in groups and individually.
- Communicating regularly with Educators and other stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly written reports highlighting key achievements and concerns
- Recruitment & Training services:
- Recruit potential candidates; process new Coach applications, set up selection days and administer all related functions.
- Run training weeks and ad hoc training days.
- Consult with other Edulution Program Managers to update and/or amend training programs as and when required.
- Ensure Coaches comply with all statutory requirements for working with children e.g. valid police clearance certification, Child Protection Training
Program Administration services:
- Work with the Office Manager on all logistics pertaining to tech, admin and stock related issues in the Centres.
- Work with the Office Manager to maintain existing databases (training records, training registers, Coach career tracking).
- Work with the Office Manager to maintain record of absenteeism / off days and training attendance.
- Support the school feeding programs and related administration as and where needed.
- Undertake pre-centre start up meetings with school leadership to confirm schedule, secure operating space, storage and buy-in and support of school leadership.
- Hold start-up meeting to familiarise learners, teachers and parents with operational objectives and processes of ENS.
- Conduct termly meetings with the community- School PTA, Community leadership
- Conduct monthly feedback meetings: report on Centre progress and review any challenges
- Promptly respond to- and address any issues that may impact the functioning and reputation of the program.
- Meet with Department of Basic Education officials and sponsors/funders.
- Assist with the compilation of monthly and quarterly reports.
Expansion into new areas:
- Work with the Strategic Services to identify and evaluate the most suitable areas for expansion of Edulution
- Work with the Strategic Services team to secure additional funding for expansion
- Any other services of similar nature required by the Company from time to time.
- Tertiary qualification, with at least 5 years of management experience, preferably in education,training or related industry.
- Organizational management experience with track record of coaching and developing high performance teams.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Past success working with government bodies and the ability to cultivate relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Familiarity and experience with Excel and other Office applications and general IT systems.
- High level of comfort with technology and willingness to continuously learn and master new systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Believe in Edulution’s vision and values
- Conscientious, well organised and high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable problem-solver who is resourceful with the tools available
- Open-minded to constructive feedback and self-motivated to continuously learn
- Team player with a positive outlook
- Excellent communicator
- Service oriented
- Willing to work on weekends (Saturdays)
- Willing to travel, often to remote rural locations as Edulution expands in South Africa
Apply to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 23 December, 2020
For more info about Edulution, refer to www.edulution.org