Posted on :
15 Aug, 2017
15 Aug, 2017
As a result of this unique culture, Egon Zehnder has a high professional staff retention rate. We have a blue chip client base across all industries and operate at the Board and senior management level.
Permanent / Temporary: Initially a temporary assignment with the possibility of going permanent
Salary: A competitive salary. Associated benefits and bonus to be included when incumbent becomes a permanent employee.
The Research Analyst – Intern will work closely with Research colleagues and Consultants providing high quality, thorough research support in response to specific assignments and assist with business development opportunities. He/She will also support the production of business development and assignment related documentation and actively maintain and develop the firm’s internal information.
The Research Analyst – Intern’s primary responsibilities will be to:
• Provide assignment support to Research Associate’s and Consultants, e.g. compile target company lists and candidate pools, identify and verify relevant candidates and assistance in market mapping projects
• Search both internal and external resources to identify relevant candidates/ company information, with guidance from Senior Researchers
• Manage desk research pieces on both candidates, companies and sectors across Africa
• Assist in ensuring relevant information is up to date and captured effectively on internal databases
• Help to prepare client documentation (e.g. status reports)
In addition, the Research Analyst – Intern will support business development and knowledge management initiatives:
• Monitor and track relevant market developments, company updates and people moves and update the internal database where necessary
• Alert Research/Consultant colleagues to key people moves and market changes, highlighting potential business development opportunities
• Research and summarise company, people and market profiles
• Assist in the production of marketing presentations
• Provide research support for local office marketing events
• Proactively capture knowledge/information from both internal and external sources
• Ensure all knowledge from assignments is captured in the internal database
• Ensure the internal database contains relevant and accurate data
• Support local office initiatives to build knowledge in specific areas for future business development.
Candidates should have experience in delivering high quality research either within a corporate environment or alternatively, may have demonstrated the relevant skills and competencies elsewhere (for example, in academics). He/She will be able to build close working relationships with Researchers and Consultants and act as a collaborative team player with all colleagues. He/she will be expected to bring a “roll – up the sleeves” attitude and be prepared to occasionally assist with tasks outside the usual research remit in order to help with the smooth running of the office.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is essential and some knowledge of online databases preferable.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate ability in the following competencies:
• Responsiveness: as evidenced by a sense of urgency to requests, a high level of engagement and interest in searches and a client first attitude
• Proactivity: willing to engage actively to improve processes, tools, approaches
• Systematic and efficient: organised, resourceful and sensitive to deadlines through effective prioritisation of work and committed to producing consistently high qualityoutput
• Problem Solving: able to recognise issues and provide solutions – unwilling to give up without the answer
• Judgement: demonstrates a good understanding of research requirements and applies common sense and wider experience to deliver on a research project.
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills: capable of articulating situations clearly. The candidate must also be able to initiate, develop and enhance relationships with all colleagues acting in all situations as an accountable team player
• Ability to grow: willing to seek and achieve professional improvement
Degree or National Diploma. All subject majors can apply – preferably Research, Marketing, Business, Economics, Social Sciences, Law etc…
To Apply: Please email your CV to [email protected].Please use “Research Analyst-Intern” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 11 September 2017