Posted on :
13 Nov, 2013
13 Nov, 2013
Omnia’s Agriculture division, the market leader in southern Africa, comprises Omnia Fertilizer and Omnia Specialities. The division produces granular, liquid and speciality fertilizers for a broad customer base of farmers, co-operatives and wholesalers throughout southern and East Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil. The division is expanding its influence in Europe, South America and Asia, where it is increasing its sales of speciality products. The Omnia Agriculture division’s range of specialised products and services are encompassed by its unique Nutriology® offering, which assists customers to optimise crop yield and quality.
BSc/BEng/B-Tech Electrical with ECSA registration
Experience 5 – 8 years experience of which 3 years at a supervisory level at an industrial plant & exposure to control & instrumentation
* Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment is carried out
* Conduct over Inspections
* Participate in the effective management of the Electrical Maintenance System & Inventory
* Operat, maintain and repair power generation and distribution equipment, i.e. generators and MCC’s, switchgears, transformers, etc.
* Maintenance and repair general equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, power and communication systems, lighting, etc.
* Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of plant equipment, i.e. motors and auxiliaries, control panels, cranes,etc.
* Perform and interpret power calculations, power factor, insulation tests, and positive relay tests as required.
* Study and understand electrical schematics and logica diagrams as required
* Gather data from instruments interpret past and present performance to understand trends and ensure problems are solved
* Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe efficient operation – generate requisitions as required
* Inform E&I Manager of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the plant
* Implement the outstanding recommendations from audits, as issued by Clients or Regulatory
* Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
* Assist in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget.
* Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* Working experiences with substations/transformer maintenance, MV/LV reticulation and protection systems a must.
* DOL, VSD, Soft starter knowledge
* Knowledge and experience in Allen-Bradley E3 Plus, Simocode PRO or PSNAP overload relays
* Have good knowledge of PLC and DCS Systems
* Wireman’s License would be an advantage
* Understand and interprets equipment, electrical designs/drawings
* Excellent problem solving skills
* People management (Relationship skills)
* Communication skills
* Planning / Organising Control
* Thorough understanding of the production process and the technology involved in the process
* Thorough computer literate
* Well versed in Engeering standards
The primary purpose of the job is to, on a proactive basis, be responsible for optimising the performance of plant, equipment and processes in order to meet internal customer’s needs and ultimately, maintain and enhance Omnia’s competitive position.
On an operational level this includes being responsible for assisting management to configure plant, processes and equipment in order to enhance production capability on an ongoing basis via recognised best practices.
Within this framework, required to lead and manage small/medium scale projects in cooperation with other stakeholders such as plant staff & contractors.