Posted on :
30 Jan, 2012
30 Jan, 2012
Main Purpose of the role:
The Electrical Technician is responsible for performing major electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities on machines to include PM inspections and follow up repairs, trouble shooting and repairing, component overhauls, and catastrophic breakdowns. Jobs are also performed as assigned from the Maintenance Planner to maintain and support the operation of equipment on the making and packaging floor. They also provide support to Operators and Artisans in the form of instruction, troubleshooting and operation of machinery as necessary. Also responsible for continuous reviewal and development of PM schedules and standards.
1. Plant Support
* Comply with all company and plant rules. Participate in plant safety initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
* Maintain all assigned making and packaging equipment and lead and support electrical maintenance.
* Perform all assigned overhaul, repair and maintenance tasks, including activities as assigned during plant shutdowns.
* Make repairs on equipment breakdowns as required
* Initiate and complete all work within the plant’s SAP system if necessary
* Serve on improvement teams as nominated
* Assist other Electrical groups in the performance of emergency repairs as required.
* Provide support coverage for project work or electrical needs as required
* Research significant and ongoing problems or perform project work as directed.
* Coaches and develops the electrical engineering skills of other maintenance staff.
* Be the subject matter experts on electrical circuits, fault finding, repair, installation and other electrical and instrumentation-related items for the factory.
* Complete all other assigned duties
* Make recommendations to Project team
* Completes all required documentation to standard
* Ensures that Company safety rules and regulations are adhered to within the sphere of responsibility.
* Implementation and assists with maintaining Unilever safety and 5S standards in the area of responsibility.
* Completes tags in area of responsibility to the completion ratio required.
* N6 Diploma in Electrical Engineering and Electrical Trade Test (or equivalent)
* 3 years relevant experience in a maintenance environment
* PLC (Siemens) programming
* PC skills (SAP, Access, Outlook, Excel (Word).
* Problem solving and fault finding skills.
* Perform all work in compliance with plant lockout/tag-out procedures
* Knowledge and proper use of all equipment necessary to performing the assigned job.
* Good communication and willingness to share expertise and knowledge.
Closing Date: 6 February 2012
For any recruitment queries please call 0800980612