ELMA Philanthropies develops program strategies, identifies and explores grant and other investing opportunities, monitors investment performance, and establishes philanthropic relationships for The ELMA Group of Foundations.
Job Title: Associate Program Officer
Job Location: Cape Town
The Associate Program Officer will assist to develop and manage grant investments for the health portfolio in Southern Africa. The Associate Program Officer will report to the Program Manager and will work closely with colleagues based in Johannesburg, Cape Town, New York, and Kampala, including other Associate Program Officers, the Health Director, Director, Measurement and Evaluation, Legal Counsel, and the Director, Finance. S/he will be joining a collaborative and dynamic team. The ability to be a self-starter and an active and collegial team player across multiple office locations is essential to success in this role.
- Support the development and management of grant investments
- Conduct thorough due diligence, including critical analysis of proposals, budgets, work-plans, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, organizational strengths and weaknesses, and external risk factors of investees
- Research grant and other investment opportunities that fit with their investment frameworks
- Critically monitor the programmatic effectiveness and financial management of investees and report this to senior management and draft documents for the Board
- Research and prepare memos for senior management and draft documents for the Board on specific topics as requested
- Build strong relationships with grantees and other strategic partners, including co-investors and governments
- Implement special projects including those related to ELMA’s systems and processes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Honour’s degree. Master’s degree or an advanced degree in business administration, finance, public policy or a relevant field is preferred but not required
- At least two years’ work experience in the social development sector (preferably with a health focus)
- A demonstrated interest in social development
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate on internal teams, as well as with external stakeholders and partners
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to write effectively for a variety of audiences
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to analyse and present data in a highly organized manner
- Ability to source, synthesize, and effectively present information and data
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Flexible and adaptable to rapid change
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and travel locally and internationally as needed
- A valid passport
- South African citizenship or legal authorization to reside and work in South Africa
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications with attractive benefits.
The ELMA Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Integration Resourcing will be managing the responses to this advert. Please would you send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 16 August 2018.