Embrace is an emerging national movement with an ambitious goal – to ensure every mother is supported from the start. This is achieved through inspiration, mobilisation and building meaningful connections for mothers.
Whilst the movement is national, our hub team is small and plays a vital role in keeping the movement members passionate and purposeful, and keeping the goal in sight. Currently incubated within the DG Murray Trust, Embrace seeks to hire a Communications Strategist to work as part of this small team.
Job Title: Communications Strategist
Job Location: Cape Town
Our ideal Communications Strategist:
- You’re passionate about supporting mothers and advocating for just and compassionate motherhood experiences for all in South Africa. You believe inspiration is a vital part of this work.
- You acknowledge the need for a collective social identity for motherhood and you’re able to use communication as a strategic tool to galvanize the members of the movement.
- You’re a strategic thinker and understand the power of a good communications strategy.
- You are curious and willing to listen to the voices of mothers across the country.
- You communicate clearly and with passion to varied audiences using multiple media.
- You’re able to create and implement strategic social media calendars and work social media algorithms to your advantage.
- You’re able to confidently engage with the media. You know when to be the spokesperson and when to elevate the voices of others.
- You are a compulsive writer and curator. You believe that stories are powerful and you know how to seek and encourage story-sharing.
- You’re willing to be disruptive and controversial to make a point and get the right attention.
Core skills and background:
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in private or corporate communications management who is looking for a change of context and a challenge
- Experience and relationships within the local public and private media industries
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (proficiency in more than one South African language is advantageous)
- Strategic thinking and ability to implement wide-reaching communications strategies
- A relevant post-school qualification (diploma, certificate or degree)
Please submit a motivation letter and CV (including the details of 3 referees) to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 14 May, 2019