Posted on :
2 Mar, 2021
2 Mar, 2021
e.tv is South Africa’s biggest independent, free-to-air television channel.
With over 16 million viewers, e.tv appeals to all races, ages and income groups and is the most viewed English language channel in the country.
We are the destination of choice for local and international entertainment, a place where viewers can come together to set their imaginations free.
Job Title: Audio Assistant
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference #: etv128
Contract Type: Contract 12 Months
Salary: Market Related
The incumbent would be required to set up all audio requirements of the broadcast by ensuring that anchors and guests are mic’ed up, interviews are lined up and meeting the broadcast standards.
– Providing general backup and support to the production team and Audio Mixer.
– Understanding mics and mic placement according to shoot requirements.
– Ensuring cables and equipment are neat and do not pose a health and safety issue in studio or outside shoot.
– Attaching clip microphones on presenters and guests clothing and providing them with earpieces for communication using discretion.
– Assisting engineers with line-ups and sync tests.
– Moving positional microphones according to the production team directions.
– Collating reports on day-to-day activities and report faults to the Technical Director.
– Checking all stock, microphones, earpieces and batteries to make sure that the audio department runs as smoothly as possible.
– Checking that all equipment is prepared for broadcast and fully operational and report all faulty equipment to the Audio manager.
– Assisting with setting up and troubleshoot audio equipment throughout the production
– Labelling all microphone transmitters and receivers, cables, radio communication transmitters and receivers accurately.
– Performing tests on all external interviews to make sure the line meets broadcast standard/quality.
A relevant qualification in Audio / Film & Television
A degree in Audio / Film & Television would be advantageous
Application Deadline: 16/03/2021