Posted on :
6 Aug, 2020
6 Aug, 2020
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Job Title: Viz Graphics Designer
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference: # eNCA129
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Reporting to the Manager: Operations Manager.
Viz Graphics Designer is responsible for creating accurate and visually appealing graphics for on-air and online/social media platforms.
1. Design Graphics:
• Create graphics requested by producers.
• Ensure graphics are in line with the style guide.
• Conceptualize new ideas for a redesign, and/or long-term projects.
• Take ownership of new ideas and implement them from concept to the final product.
• Pitch graphic ideas for story analysis and for new shows in line with the channels style guide.
• Check all graphics for accuracy before they are published.
2. Conceptual/ Innovative/ Creative:
• Create unique/original designs, using the tools available, within the time constraints of a deadline.
• Complete and understand requirements by completing the brief using creative skills.
• Be proactive by designing/creating new and fresh concepts, that are either new, or enhance or improves our existing graphics.
• Ability to sell a concept and ideas.
• Prepare for upcoming events in advance.
• Ability to work in a team when creating graphics for upcoming events.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Graphics are produced by set deadlines.
• Graphics are editorially accurate.
• Graphics are done according to the style guide.
• Take direction and troubleshoot.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Normal colour vision and good hearing.
• Team player.
• Will be required to work irregular hours including shifts, weekends and public holidays.
Job Functions Design,Operations,Technical
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
Education: Graphic design training and certification
Experience: Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in TV on-air design and Web design
Specific Professional Competencies:
• Ability to conceptualize, and translate a creative brief into an end product
• Experience or knowledge of Animation and 3D Graphic Design Software
• Must be able to work in a pressurized environment
Application Deadline: 12/08/2020