Posted on :
9 Nov, 2021
9 Nov, 2021
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Job Title: Assistant Producer
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: eNCA154
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
The purpose of the job is to ensure all technical aspects of the bulletin are met. To assist with producing creative and compelling content for the Channel.
•Good knowledge of South African and global news.
•Fact checking all details.
•Stories must be accurate and unbiased.
• Excellent understanding of newsroom workflow systems (Dalet).
• Ability to edit visuals
• Cutting of bytes, interviews and overlay.
• Conduct research on programme topics.
• Check electronic media, social media and articles of interest.
• Check archives for specified and appropriate visuals.
•Ability to work in a team.
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Good communication skills.
•Ability to work under pressure
• Being able to problem solve especially in breaking news environment.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Good communication skills.
2. Ability to work under pressure in a breaking news environment.
3. Being able to problem solve especially in a breaking news environment.
Education: Relevant Television Qualification
Experience: A minimum 3 years relevant experience
Specific Professional Competencies:
•Thorough understanding of South African and global news and current affairs
•Good understanding of on-line
•Ability to report for TV
•Strong writing skills
•Coping under pressure
•Conflict handling skills
•Problem Solving Skills
Application Deadline: 16/11/2021