Engaging Parents Organisation (EPO) is located in Meyerton within the Midvaal Local Municipality, Gauteng. EPO is involved in preventative child protection services and community development in under-sourced areas and informal settlements in Meyerton. EPO is a community-based organisation whose core business includes counselling, community education, parenting training, skills development, youth development and early childhood development services.
Currently, EPO`s work is concentrated in Sicelo, Boitumelo and Khayelitsha in Meyerton.
Job Title: Social Worker
Job Location: Meyerton, Gauteng
Salary: R11 191.75 per month subject to tax deductions
The purpose of the position is to provide Social Work services to children, youth and adults in the communities of Sicelo, Khayelitsha and Boitumelo in Meyerton.
- Provide individual counselling and therapeutic group work services to EPO project beneficiaries and Care workers as well as attend to referred cases
- Plan for, implement and evaluate awareness campaigns and parenting skills training programmes
- Compile monthly statistical reports with regard to rendered intervention
- Compile quarterly, six monthly and annual reports with regard to rendered intervention, observed impact of services and effectiveness of the programme on community intervention
- Attend and participate in relevant events, meetings, campaigns and training sessions of other stakeholders
- Monitor and Supervise Social Auxiliary Workers
- Assist the organisation in its efforts to fundraise
- Valid Code B Driving License
- Four-year Bachelor`s Degree in Social Work
- Valid registration with the SACSSP
- Knowledge of Sesotho and able to speak isiZulu / isiXhosa or other South African Languages
- Fluency in written English
- Fundraising skills
- Case management skills
- Donor engagement skills
- Minimum of three years of Social Work experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge of surrounding relevant stakeholders for effective referral systems will also be an added advantage
To apply, submit a CV, cover letter and three contactable referees to [email protected] quoting the post you are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 21 August, 2018