Posted on :
26 Nov, 2013
26 Nov, 2013
To provide support to New Product Development and contribute to the profitability of the Chemicals & SP business unit
Key Responsibilities – Finance
– Business Processes
– Talent Management
– Manage cost control processes
– Report on expense budget variances
– Authorise expenditure within LOA
– New products introduced at existing/new customers
– Identify new markets/Applications for growth
– Product stewardship – specifically product life cycle management
– Provide technical support & training to stakeholders as required.
– Technical reports done timeously & professionally
– Conduct product trials at customers.
– Develop & maintain technical database
– Ensure sales collateral is technically proficient
– Gather quality & useful competitive technical information
– Implement value propositions
– Keep accurate records of recommendations, incidents & discussions captured in appropriate systems
– Resolve complaints timeously and professionally
– Interact with customers and service providers to deliver technical support
– Regular feedback on performance deliverables as per contract
– Identify development areas and take initiative to close gaps
– Manage workload/time to enable execution of IDP
– HSEQ requirements comprehended as part of all projects
– Risks recognised and mitigated operationally and for projects
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes Knowledge
– Broad understanding of global and regional economics, business trends & best practice
– Knowledge & understanding of profit drivers and patterns in local/ global chemicals industry to maximise value
– Knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques
– A working knowledge of financial management and understanding of marketing principles
– Adequate understanding of chemistry.
– Strategic management skills
– Broad understanding of the fundamentals of business
– Proven track record of success in sales and trade environment
– Good negotiation skills
– Good communication skills
– Strong business evaluating skills
– Interpersonal skills
– Strong analytical & problem solving skills
– Strong decision making skills
– Time Management
– Good networking skills
– Good verbal, written & presentation skills
– Analytical thinking
– Creative thinking
– Decision Making
– Strategic Thinking
– Problem Solving Ability
1. The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
2. All applications must be submitted to the contact person/numbers provided & in the manner requested.
3. If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
4. Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
5. Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 27th Nov, 2013