Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM), is based in the Kalahari. We mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
The purpose of the role will be:
- To support the Engineers to ensure the safe execution and physical delivery of all work activities within Engineering Section.
- To ensure equipment is installed, tested and maintained in accordance with legal and safety regulations.
- To enforce the fatal risk control (FRC) standards for the operation and to assist the maintenance team with implementation of effective maintenance plans and safety procedures.
- To assist in writing of engineering standards, procedures, SOPs and COPs and application of these documents in practice.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- National Technical Diploma (N6) or Project Management Diploma/Degree or T4 or S4 Engineering qualification or Minimum N4 Trade coupled with a 2 – 4 years engineering experience.
- Demonstrate written and oral proficiency of the English language.
The following will be to your advantage:
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination and must be found fit to work in an underground mining environment, in line with the inherent requirements of the position
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Participate in the planning, development, implementation and review of Equipment and Maintenance Strategies
- Recommend Technical Changes (Engineering standards, specifications, etc.)
- Liaise with maintenance and engineering to improve the reliability of equipment (Plant and mobile machines)
Mechanical / Electrical Engineering:
- Comply with Management Of Change (MOC) procedures
Maintenance Work Management and Execution:
- Comply with the Maintenance Work Management process
- Channel all FRC related work through the maintenance planning department
- Conduct all routine FRC inspections and close out the work orders
- Participate in the design of major equipment/plant to ensure FRC and legal compliance
- Enforce FRC requirements on mobile equipment
- Contribute to project initiation, scope definition and scope change control regarding FRC requirements
- Work as a project team member
- Support the project environment and activities to deliver project objectives
- Identify, suggest and implement corrective actions to improve quality of project work
- Compile needed engineering procedures, SOPs, COPs, standards for legal compliance of the mine.
Click here to apply online
Closing date: 10 Dec 2013 5:00pm South Africa Standard Time