Enhancing Care Foundation (ECF) is a not-for-profit organisation based in South Africa that provides key health system strengthening, capacity building, clinical and non-clinical research services. The vision is to be the premier institute of research and development in the fields of HIV, TB and other related diseases.
Job Title: Grants and Administration Officer
Job Location: Durban
Report to: Project Director
This is a fixed term appointment.
The purpose of the Grants and Administration Officer serves to lead the provision of effective financial and administrative support services, specifically in the areas of financial management, donor liaison and organisational administration. S/he will support the delivery of project activities by implementing specified objectives. S/he shall develop systems and manage the administration duties related to the project.
- Attend to all compliance and regulatory aspects of grant
- Maintain master grants calendar to inform key staff members on required materials/reports
- Ensure all reporting requirements adhered to
- Ensure all ethical aspects of grant adhered to
- Keep track of all performance and finance milestones
- Provide all documents to funder as required
- Ensure all project activities conform to grant specifications
- Ensure efficient and effective grant administration processes and procedures
- Develops and maintains a project management system through intranet to track progress, to provide regular feedback and to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Maintains electronic and hard-copy manuals and updates program section of policy and procedures manual
- Prepare simple contract and service level agreements
- Assists in the preparation of materials for all meetings
- Conduct counter terrorism checks and supplier verifications
- Schedule project committee meetings
- Responsible for management of all contracts
- Responsible for prioritising and meeting application and reporting deadlines
- Overall administrative support
- Oversee acknowledgement of all grants, including grant agreement compliance, acknowledgement letters, reports, printed and electronic recognition approvals, filing and tracking necessary copies and support documentation, and communicating pertinent grant requirements to relevant staff
- Coordinate meetings; maintain files and status reports for all aspects of office
- Responsible for coordinating appointments, meetings, conference calls and virtual meetings
- Perform any other duty within skillset and capability as and when required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including MS Project is essential
- Ability to draft and distribute professional correspondence is required
- Organisation skills including file organisation are essential and the position will entail responsibility for organising, indexing and maintaining project specific files
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to compose correspondence with brief direction
- Research skills including familiarity with internet research, product research, and company research are highly desired and will correlate to additional success in the position
- Interpersonal skills must be strong and enable the candidate to work with all level stakeholders, both within and outside of the organisation, in a professional, service-oriented manner, and with a view towards building and strengthening relationships
- A positive attitude, appearance and professionalism, including professional telephone and personal etiquette and the willingness to exhibit a positive demeanour even when dealing with difficult situations
- Strict attention to detail will be critical to success
- Ability to maintain confidences and confidential information is required
- Ability to work in a demanding, challenging and high-pressured office environment with a positive attitude, is required
- Working independently as well as in a team environment, with a willingness to serve as much as to direct, will be expected
To apply, submit a CV to cover letter to [email protected] include your current notice period and salary expectation in your cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have not been contacted within three weeks of closing date for applications should assume the application as unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 15th Feb, 2019