Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on helping to make a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking products and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop.
We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. At Monsanto you’ll be respected, you’ll contribute to the bottom line and you’ll help farmers feed the world.
We are currently looking for an ES & H Coordinator Internship 2018.
·To provide advice, administration, support and responses necessary to assist site management to fulfil their safety responsibilities in accordance with legal requirements, company ESH policies and OHSAS18001 and /or ISO14001 systems in order to maintain safe working conditions for employees and safe facilities for general public by adhering to the company’s safety standards and procedures.
Key Result Areas
·ESH Management and maintenance at site in accordance with Legislative, Monsanto, OHSAS18001 and/or ISO14001 standards at site.
·Risk Management at site
·Continual improvement of ESH systems and programs at site.
1.Provide advice and assist line management to ensure that an effective ESH Management System is implemented and working.
2.Implement and maintain systems and standards to effectively manage ESH at the location.
3.Ensure compliance to all relevant ESH legislation, Monsanto requirements and certification standard requirements.
4.Provide guidance and direction as necessary in ESH programs to employees to ensure a common and effective approach.
5.Promote safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set out by the Company.
6.Assist in the identification of hazards, evaluating the risk, developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent or minimize exposure and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
7.Maintain up to date JSAs and RA for all areas, jobs and equipment.
8.Develop, implement and maintain the Site Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans.
9.Participate and Coordinate ESH Reviews and Management of Change Reviews.
10.Ensure that contractor personnel working at the location are in compliance with legislative and Monsanto ES&H requirements and maintain necessary documents and records related to Contractor management.
11.Perform and contribute to the Site training plans by developing and maintaining training matrix for all job levels, scheduling and monitoring training, conducting employee orientations, conducting emergency response training and coordinating training programs at the location.
12.Schedule and coordinate inspections and audits by appointed site personnel, certifying bodies and corporate structures.
13.Develop and monitor corrective action lists to address shortfalls and improvements.
14.Coordinate with appointed responsible personnel on correction of deficiencies/shortfalls.
15.Report incidents in GIR system and lead incident investigations. Depict the incident including the causal factors in a Snap Chart.
16.Maintain records of audits, inspections, reports, certifications, permits, etc related to ESH.
17.Maintain filing systems regarding worker ESH records including training records medical fitness certificates.
18.Support site manager to develop and implement Regional and Site ESH Goals.
19.Arrange and facilitate regular safety and management meetings. Minutes of the meetings must be compiled and the outcomes of the meeting s must be auctioned, monitored and followed-up to ensure proper compliance.
20.Develop, monitor and track performance indices and report statistics.
21.Compile and submit ESH reports to management.
22.The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
I. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· A qualification
in Safety Management (UNISA Certificate in Safety Management and SAMTRAC or similar) or studying towards a National Diploma in Safety Management.
· Remain abreast with local ESH legislation and SANS Standards
· Qualified OHSAS18001 and/or ISO14001 Internal AuditorII. COMPETENCIES
· Strong Administrative skills
· Bilingual – English and local language
· Intermediate Computer Skills (MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Effective planning and time management skills
III. CORE VALUES
· Integrity is the foundation for all that we do. Integrity includes honesty, decency, consistency, and courage. Building on those values, we are committed to.
· Listen carefully to diverse points of view and engage in thoughtful dialogue. We will broaden our understanding of issues in order to better address the needs and concerns of society and each other.
· Ensure that information is available, accessible, and understandable.
· Share knowledge and technology.
· The safety of our employees, the communities where we operate, our customers, consumers, and the environment will be our highest priority.
Act as Owners to Achieve Results
· Create clarity of direction, roles, and accountability; build strong relationships with our customers and external partners; make wise decisions; steward our company resources; and take responsibility for achieving agreed-upon results.Create a Great Place to Work
· We will ensure diversity of people and thought; foster innovation, creativity and learning; practice inclusive teamwork; and reward and recognize our people.