Posted on :
25 Aug, 2021
25 Aug, 2021
Manage the in-house equity index tracker portfolio(s) in accordance with the Fund’s investment policy and mandate.
Job Title: Portfolio Manager: Listed Passive Equities
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: PMLPE
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
CONDUCT DETAILED MONITORING OF COMPANIES IN THE TRACKED INDEX:
– Continuously monitor the market to identify changes and potential changes to the underlying tracked index.
– Gather and analyse information by accessing market research on which to base investment decisions.
– Attend investor meetings and presentations in order to gather accurate investment information, especially the internal equity research meeting.
MAINTAIN AND UPDATE PASSIVE EQUITY PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
– Maintain and improve the portfolio management system used to reconcile the current portfolio with upcoming changes to the benchmark portfolio.
– Improve the connection between all the systems used by during the passive equity management process.
– Maintain, improve and implement the optimal portfolio that reflects the portfolio’s investment indexation philosophy.
– Maintain and implement systems which support financial risk management efforts and remain within risk budgeting limits (incl. tracking errors).
– Contribute a listed equity perspective to the economic cluster/equity research meetings.
– Achieve matched returns to tracked index within the tracking error limits set.
– Contribute passive equity product developed ideas to the Investment Management Unit.
– Remain abreast of impending corporate action and dividend flow of the companies within the tracked index.
– Contribute generally to the needs of the Investment Management Unit proactively and where required.
– Manage planning of resource requirements, ensure sufficient capable resources are in place to meet service delivery demands, maintaining the effective and efficient capability of the department.
– Build a high performing team where the best people are deployed in the right roles and deliver against strategy.
– Ensure that all employees are motivated, developed.
– Manage employees’ performance (where applicable) and ensure that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard.
– Implement and maintain an effective system of internal controls and delegations of authority for the department, to ensure that accountability for decisions made.
– Inspire, align and engage fellow employees around the vision and strategy of the Fund, to maximise employee engagement and willingness to invest discretionary effort.
– At least 8 years job-related experience, preferably with 3 years’ experience in a management role.
– In-depth quantitative/passive portfolio management experience is mandatory.
– Honours Degree / major in economics, business, finance or actuarial preferred.
– CFA or FASSA or CA(SA) will be advantageous.
– In-depth knowledge of legislation governing investments.
– In-depth knowledge of Tax legislation.
– In-depth knowledge of financial practices and procedures.
– In-depth knowledge of Industry developments.
– Strong quantitative expertise.
Application Deadline: 31/08/2021