Posted on :
2 Sep, 2021
2 Sep, 2021
Responsible for assisting with the reporting process, assisting with the presentation of the Fund’s Private Market Investments in accordance with the investment policy and guidelines, research and recommendations. Evaluating and assisting with special research on private market strategies and opportunities.
Job Title: Private Markets Analyst
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 0001PMA2
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Manage private market investments portfolio:
– Assist with the completion and presentation of research and recommendations to EPPFs internal investment committee
– Monitor the performance of existing investments and identify potential areas of concern
– Work with senior analysts to conduct special research on private market strategies and opportunities
– Prepare and present investment reports on new and existing portfolio investments for submission to the investment committee
– Write memos that involve updates and/or recommendations
– Contribute to the performance reporting process for assigned clients
– Engage with industry stakeholders and institutional investors.
– Conduct thorough due diligence on external investment managers and direct investment opportunities to help construct an investment portfolio in accordance with EPPF Private Equity Strategy and risk adjusted return objectives for the asset class.
– Conduct thorough due diligences on direct, secondary and primary fund investments, ensuring thorough assessment and identification of risks in potential investments
Provide financial evaluation of investment opportunities to the investment committee:
– Prepare historical financial statement analysis; forecasted financial ratio analysis as well as scenario testing analysis
– Create and analyse complex financial models (including sensitivity analysis) to support potential investment opportunities
– Review of monthly management accounts and annual forecasts submitted to the Portfolio Manager
– Ensure thorough review that the implementation of agreed strategic vision with management is on track thereby increasing shareholder value.
– Preparation of annual and ad-hoc valuation reports to be submitted
Meet target investment allocations and investment return objectives:
– Monitor existing Private Market portfolio, including frequent interaction with IMU Management teams in order to optimise returns.
– Build robust financial models for portfolio performance measurement and monitoring to enable appropriate investment decisions.
– Deploy funds into suitable investment vehicles in order to meet the targeted allocation to private markets.
– Generate portfolio returns of relevant CPI % or other objectives as specified in the Fund’s Investment Policy Statement or investment mandate.
– Regularly review and evaluate the financial valuations of the underlying portfolio.
– Prepare and submit periodic reports to the SIC, in accordance with efficient portfolio monitoring and reporting requirements.
– Review key Limited Partnership Agreements (LPA) terms and other Legal agreements
– BCom Degree / major in economics, business, or finance preferred
– Studying towards CFA or CA(SA) will be advantageous
– At least 4 to 5 years job-related experience
– Sound understanding of economic and investment theory and practices
– Knowledge of financial procedures and practices
– Knowledge of financial reporting and Regulation 28 reporting
– Knowledge of Investment Accounting, standards and procedures
– Knowledge of Investment
– In-depth knowledge of a wide variety of valuation methodologies
– Excellent quantitative abilities.
– Financial system knowledge
Application Deadline: 09/09/2021