Posted on :
15 Oct, 2021
Provide administrative support to the Tax Consultant to ensure compliance with relevant Tax legislation and requirements.
Job Title: Tax Administrator
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 0001TA
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
1. Administer garnishee orders with respect to pensioners and ex-Pension Fund members:
– Implement garnishee orders from SARS by synchronising [email protected] for updated extracts of required information, in terms of Third-Party Appointment (AA88).
– Compile the necessary Third-Party Appointment (AA88) documentation, providing reported feedback, after every payment run completed for refunding of pensioners.
– Prepare new garnishee orders for capturing by Data Maintenance, in accordance with the standard process.
– Liaise with Data Maintenance section regarding completed/cancelled AA88 forms, in order to maintain accurate, up to date information on the status of Third-Party Appointments.
– Extract all IT88 related lump sums, owed to SARS, from payment packs and capture them accurately for payment to SARS, by due dates.
– Calculate estimates for potential retirees, compiling accurate information in compliance with relevant tax legislation.
– Assist with issuing of estate late tax certificates, as directed by Tax Consultant, in compliance with standard procedure.
– Assist with submission of files and payments to SARS (EMP201) in accordance with stipulated procedure and policy.
– Avoid potential risk on tax processes through proper collection of overpayments and accurate, timely submissions, reporting risk threats.
– Provide assistance to the Tax Consultant with the checking of SARS statement of account, when required.
2. Assist with tax year end reporting to SARS:
– Assist with tax reporting, completing the necessary documentation for the Employer Reconciliation process (EMP501) accurately; when instructed.
– Ensure timeous payments to SARS with respect to tax deductions, including garnishee orders.
– Prepare fortnightly Third-Party Appointment (AA88) statistics for Management, providing accurate information by due date.
– Reconcile the IT88 and AA88 general ledger account monthly, ensuring that is always at a nil balance.
– Assist the Tax Consultant with the consolidation of income tax information on the financial system for reconciliation purposes.
– Assist with the year-end reconciliation of PAYE payments against IRP5’s issued.
3. Provide tax advice to pensioners and members:
– Provide advice and assist pensioners and ex-members with issues such as completion of tax forms, calculation of liabilities, resolving assessment queries, etc. in compliance with legislative requirements.
– Inform pensioners about Third-Party Appointment notices (AA88) and resolve their enquiries in accordance with relevant policy and legislation.
– Timeously attend to income tax related enquiries, escalating more complex queries as necessary.
4. Monitor that Fund administration is tax compliant:
– Liaise directly with relevant stakeholders at SARS on garnishee matters in order to achieve timely resolution.
– Liaise with Data Maintenance section about completed/cancelled Third Party Appointment notices (AA88) to maintain accurate records.
5. Support to the team:
– Provide support to Payroll on pensioner related tax queries, providing timely feedback in accordance with policy and legislation.
– Provide and attend to Call Centre and walk-in tax related queries, resolving pensioner queries effectively and efficiently, according to legislative requirements.
– Represent the Tax Consultant in meetings, as and when required.
– Perform other non-tax related ad hoc duties in support of the efficient functioning of the department.
6. Perform VAT reconciliations and make payments:
– Calculate VAT payments
– Prepare VAT payment
– Prepare month end journals
– Submit Vat return.
– Relevant diploma
– At least 2 years’ experience in a financial / payroll environment, dealing with Income tax matters
– Knowledge of Income Tax legislation
– Ability to conduct tax related reconciliations
– Advanced Excel
– Strong numerical skills
Application Deadline: 22/10/2021