Posted on :
12 Aug, 2021
12 Aug, 2021
Design and execution of the Fund’s talent management and capability building strategies, through adoption of sound change management principles, to effectively execute on EPPF’s business and human capital strategy.
Job Title: Talent Development and EO Specialist
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 0001TDES
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Drive and implement Learning and Development strategy and solutions:
– Work with leaders to identify the core capabilities required to deliver on the EPPF strategy, and create a learning and development plan to deliver these.
– Identify skills requirements and root causes of performance gaps using surveys, training needs analyses, assessments, 360’s or other tools to support the required outcomes.
– Design and develop blended learning solutions and learning paths to build technical, leadership and interpersonal skills, including e-learning, webinar, in-person, and blended programs, embedding 70:20:10 learning principles.
– Identify and contract vendors to support the delivery of above
– Monitor program effectiveness (participation, costs, quality), assessing quality and impact, identifying opportunities to replace or supplement existing content.
– Design solutions and coordinate delivery of specialised training needs.
– Implement a learning catalogue, structured against learning and career paths and designed to address the skills needs within the fund, publish the catalogue on intranet and manage the content enabling employees to engage and book necessary training via the catalogue.
– Play a role in creating an inspirational learning and development culture to enable employee growth and success.
Provide advisory services on Learning & Development:
– Provide support to departments on their learning interventions, creating strong leadership aligned with the Funds’ strategy and in compliance with SDA legislation & HC strategy.
– Serve as a resource with regard to all aspects of skills development, providing advice as required.
– Partner with the HC Executive in driving Leadership Development initiatives.
– Develop and deliver, (where possible) programs in conjunction with business and relevant stakeholders, according to their needs.
– Identify opportunities for performance improvements, undertaking internal diagnosis, understanding barriers and formulate possible solutions.
– Work on innovative solutions and build on effective change management solutions to address needs identified.
– Provide monthly reported feedback on the status of Learning and Development initiatives within the EPPF.
Shape and implement Talent Management initiatives:
– Continuously build frameworks for talent management and advise retention strategies, including early identification of exposure areas and steps to address negative impact.
– Establish and manage the talent review process to help ensure business continuity, in the short term, and medium/long term succession cover for all key roles, providing recommendations to develop identified high potential talent and address gaps
– Facilitate talent plotting, reviews and succession planning with management in all departments (in partnership with HCBP)
– Proactive mapping of external talent and analysis of market conditions and data to support the above.
– Identify scarce skills and potential talent risks, crafting solutions to address these including training and development initiatives for scarce skills, acceleration programmes for internal talent pool and proactive mapping of external talent.
– Provide support to succession pool by conducting development assessments and development feedback.
– Use talent analytics to report on talent bench-strength and inform strategic workforce planning
– Conduct data analysis and research on international trends and best practice with respect to the acquisition and management of talent.
– Ensure impact and benefits of all talent interventions are measured and cost benefits analysis completed.
– Compile reports to management & HRRC on the progress and developments with respect to talent management initiatives.
Manage the Skills Development Facilitator process:
– Partner with stakeholders and management to achieve the required outcomes of planned training interventions, within agreed time frames and controlling costs.
– Communicate INSETA initiatives, grants and benefits to relevant stakeholders within the EPPF.
– Complete assessment reports for INSETA reporting.
– Run the end-to-end delivery on all INSETA programs.
– Submit the Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report initiatives to the SETA before annual due date.
– Drive the needs assessment for the learnership/intern/graduate programs, advertising for internship intake, applying recruiting processes, and on-boarding accordingly in order to recruit candidates as required by the Fund.
– Manage end to end SAICA program, recruit on-board and drive the programme accordingly in order to facilitate the needs for the Fund, in conjunction with SAICA approved trainer.
– Offer support and coach to all Trainees at the Fund – as part of their development journey.
– Monitor that grant payments are received & allocated accordingly.
– Work with external consultants and facilitators to examine program quality, and prepare them for delivery of the Funds own content, ensuring programs meet learner needs.
– Set up appropriate communication to target audience.
– Manage procurement process for all new service providers who come on board, ensuring all service providers are checked, BEE status validated, and quotations received per application.
– Develop and customise interventions of training needs identified, according to the target audience, using various tools and methodology.
– Plan, organise and direct learning activities in support of HC policies and processes and in conjunction with relevant legislation. (BEE, EE, SDA)
– Maintain and update a database with completed training.
– Leverage knowledge and skill in instructional design principles and best practices when creating and revising content.
– Direct the on-boarding process of new employees.
– Manage the training budget.
Implement Organisational Effectiveness initiatives:
– Plan, coordinate and deploy strategic HC strategic organisational development initiatives to manage change, shape culture, improve employee engagement and drive improvement.
– Design some of the OE initiatives and manage change effectively.
– Structure and facilitate activities such as workshops, programmes, surveys, interviews, and focus groups, coaching and mentoring, wellness programmes, EPPF culture and change management initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness of individuals, teams or the entire Fund.
– Provide feedback analysis and stats regarding any surveys and assessments on change management.
– Participate in Corporate Social Investment initiatives.
– Act as a coach as
– Engage with all levels of relevant stakeholders to understand their requirements recommend relevant talent, learning and OD interventions that meet their needs and achieve business objectives.
– Build credibility, sustainability and trust through delivering required results within set timelines and standards.
– Pro-actively develop and maintain a wide-range of external contacts in order to obtain/exchange information, identify trends and stay abreast of best practices, taking appropriate actions to enhance competitive advantage.
– Collaborate with appropriate institutions /organisations on issues of common interest, keeping abreast with trends in the field.
– Source and negotiate agreements with new Service Providers, in collaboration with the HC Executive, to access expertise identified as valuable to Human Capital initiatives, achieving a return on investment.
– Relevant Bachelor Degree
– 6 years job-related experience, including Skills Development Facilitation and Talent Management experience.
– Working knowledge of Skills Development Act and SETA requirements
– Working knowledge of Basic Conditions of Employment Act
– Up to date knowledge of skills development, new world of work capabilities and learning methodologies including digital platforms
– Expertise in talent management, succession planning and assessment techniques
– Strong project and change management capabilities
Application Deadline: 18/08/2021