Posted on :
8 Nov, 2013
8 Nov, 2013
The SHEQ Officer is responsible for coordinating the Quality, Environmental, and Health, Safety, legal compliance programmes and related issues within the department. She/he is also responsible for ensuring that the business complies with all relevant SHEQ legislation, company policies and procedures, minimum requirements and permit requirements. Coordination of the implementation, maintenance and administration of the SHEQ management system.
• Ability to implement plans
• Ability to take decisions based on sound reasoning
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Continuous improvement
• Honesty and integrity
• Logical thinking
• Motivation of self and others
• Personal presentation
• Rejection tolerance
• Self disciplined and organized
• Sense of responsibility
• Team Player
• Administration skills
• Communications skills
• Computer skills
• Crisis management skills
• Decision making skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analytical thinking
• Information Seeking
• Change leadership
• Achievement Orientation
• Self Confidence
Key Perfomance Areas:
• Audit results and compliance above 80%
• Maintenance of SHEQ awareness (Toolbox talks, Job observations)
• Accident and incident recording, investigation, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective – and preventive actions
• Continuous site inspections and internal auditing
• Creation and revision of policies and procedures, including SOPs
Roles & Responsibilities
Business Process / Admin:
• Review compliance to regional rules and regulations.
• Ensure that SHEQ meetings are held , recorded and document controlled
• Enforce contractor’s compliance.
• Conduct accident investigations when required
• Assist management with the implementation of the SHEQ management system
• Assist in updating the SHEQ Management system to accommodate changes in legislation and Industry Standards.
• Ensure SHEQ document and data control systems are maintained by the responsible persons
• Promote SHEQ Awareness
• Monitor audit findings and recommend corrective and preventative actions
• Conduct and facilitate risk assessments
• Issue Non conformances where required
• Ensure management set objectives and targets for SHEQ compliance in the division
Co-ordinate the monthly safety meeting:
Ensure meeting times are set.
Agendas are sent out.
Minutes are kept and sent out.
Ensure that all support documentation in respect of the safety program is received on time and in the correct format from all concerned parties.
• Assist in appointment of safety representatives for all departments.
• Communicate changes in Safety and Environment legislation to Management
• Develop and empower employees to take ownership of the SHEQ Management system
• Conduct regular awareness training on all sites
• Ensure health and safety representative, first aider, fire fighter and handling of hazardous
material training is up to date.
• Graduate : SHEQ Auditing (SABS,SAMTRAC),OHS ACT and relevant ISO 9001-2008,14001,18001 essential
• Implementation, management and Auditing of SHEQ Management Systems.
• Accident and incident recording and investigation
Applications accepted until: 11th of Nov, 2013
Advert Code: EST18699
Please ensure that you upload a photo of yourself and attach your latest academic results, EE Candidates will be given preference.
Please be advised that candidates, who are willing to relocate, will be liable for their own cost. The Graduate Programme will run for 12 month period.