- Assume responsibility assisting the marketing team with the development, co-ordination and implementation of marketing activities to achieve sales & profit targets, enhance brand equity and drive market share.
- Assist Marketing Manager, all Product Managers, Trade Marketing Manager, Visual Manager.
- Assist with administrative and operational marketing work
- Co-ordination of all meetings for the marketing team
- Ensures Customer and Market Growth
- Manages Operational Effectiveness
- Improves Business Processes
Ensures Customer and Market Growth:
- Participate in the formulation of the marketing calendar, with Marketing Manager & Marketing team – planning of marketing objectives, strategies, advertising and promotional programmes and assist in the effective execution.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and marketing information at brand conferences, retailer strategy meetings to ensure 100% execution.
- Ensure constant learning of processes in order to assist with any operational, logistical and planning activities for colleagues in the marketing department who are on leave, away on business or out of the office for a specific period of time – as allocated by the marketing manager.
Manages Operational Effectiveness:
- It is important that this person is involved in all areas of marketing/visual to understand the overall processes and can assist with the role of a product manager/visual manager when that person is on leave or out of the office.
Administrative and Operational marketing brand work:
- Develop a marketing time schedule and assist the marketing manager to track all scheduled marketing calendar activities
- Assist with the planning and execution of all Brand conferences/meetings
- Co-ordinate all internal meetings as requested by the Marketing Manager & marketing team. This includes:
-Setting up meeting dates, times and venues.
-Organizing catering for meetings
-Co-ordinate meeting attendance
-Take minutes and distribution of them (when requested)
- Assist in compiling induction programme for all new marketing employee orientations and arranging the necessary marketing documentation files for them
- Assist in compiling presentations (e.g. power point) for the team.
- Assist in compilation of all retailer strategy meetings needs including presentations, files, schedules and logistics.
- Assist in the maintenance of local website.
- Assist in the collating of online, sms, website and other new media opportunities
- Assist in marketing orders i.e. S1 and miscellaneous.
- Conduct Brand special projects from start to finish
- Load all marketing related PO’s onto the system and follow through to finance
- Ensure that office area is tidy and free of clutter.
- Responsible for competitor analysis
- Responsible for Brand customer research/focus groups
Improves Business Processes:
- Assist in the budgeting process on a monthly basis by helping the processing of all invoices and Purchase orders as instructed by Marketing Manger or team.
- Assist in updating the budgeting consolidated sheets
- Liaise with forecasting to get monthly excess report
- Categorise the excess report
- Attend excess meeting, and assist in executing excess follow up actions
- Assist in the preparation of forecasting (newness, promotional, gwp etc) sheets with correct formulas and history information.
- Assist marketing team with the updating of the relevant documents to ensure that correct forecasting is done monthly and annually
- Consolidating GWP collateral units from the Account Executives
- Compiling GWP training booklets
- Sorting and distribution of GWP T-shirts for training and Account Executives
- Courier of elements for GWP training to the coastal areas
- Daily tracking of GWP
- Monitoring AE queries for back-up gifts and following up on dispatch of these
- Assist product manager with compiling GWP training booklets
- Assist marketing/visual team with regards to events
- Compiling of hampers for adhoc events
- Courier of support elements for Special Events to the coastal areas
- Assist in chasing up sales team on Special Events feedback – figures and successes / challenges per event
- Checking of petrol T&E claims against petrol log ‘books’ i.e. do the distances add up
- Couriering of Special Events support elements to coastal / outlying regions i.e. Makeup Artist Program elements and launch / promotional support elements
- Ensuring Gauteng Account Executives / stores receive support elements mentioned in point above
- Placing of orders for testers for Brand Specialist makeup cases, including new products and replenishment products
- Placing of stock orders with local supplier for hygiene tools i.e. tissues, cue-tips and cotton pads.
- Magazine updating
- CI creation and faxing
- Creation of codes for collateral and packs
- Order samples for retailers and send in time for retailer shoots/reviews
- Assist product managers with launch/promotional programmes
- Compiling of files for strategy meetings/Brand meetings
- Manage promotional packoff process with forecastin
- Creation of miscellaneous orders, tracking of orders and tracking stock levels of modules etc.
- Collating hardware from garage and send to regional offices
- On launch, liaise with Beth in case of unsuccessful orders solving
- Following up on invoices, mall contracts etc.
- When needed, help with visual set-ups, design, implementation and store openings
- Collateral proofing eg price strips
- Assist in sourcing specific visual elements/suppliers on the internet or outside
- Collating visual guidelines & launch transparencies into relevant stores and sending off
- Updating permanent trannie list (sizes etc).
- Consolidating products for presentation displays and retailer monthly product requirements
- Adhoc miscellaneous order placements
- Collections from DC
- General Hampers, give- aways & competitions
- Order follow up
- Assistance in collating strategy information
- Creating of spreadsheets for reporting
- Assisting with the budget process
- Update of marketing calendar/DC schedules
- Assist product managers, trade marketing managers, visual dept and Marketing Manager where appropriate
The Marketing Assistant will be expected to perform, any other reasonable task as requested by the Marketing Manager.
- The Marketing Assistant will deal with confidential issues relating. Absolute confidentiality must be maintained at all times in these matters.