Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust is a multi purpose centre that provides a holistic support services to women and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. They use relevant programmes to promote well being, break the cycle of poverty and create a positive change in Nyanga and the surrounding areas.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Nyanga, Cape Town.
Reports to: Director
Employment Type: Fixed-term-contract, 40 hours per week.
Start Date: Immediately
The purpose of this position is to provide overall program leadership for the EDCCT and related outreach services. S/He will be responsible for delivering the organizational program plans including implementation, monitoring of progress, financial planning and oversight, coordination and provide motivational leadership for the program coordinators.
- Lead, manage, motivate and mentor the Program Coordination Team;
- Oversee implementation of an effective performance management system and annual objectives for the program coordinators as per the organogram relevant to their contracts and job descriptions.
- Assist in implementation of staff wellness initiatives with professional debrief.
- Conduct monthly supervision meetings with the Program Coordinators.
- Overseeing the drawing up of program budgets and ensuring these are followed in line with program spending in close consultation with the Finance Manager and Program Coordinators.
- Work with the program coordinators to prepare program budgets and work plans to be reviewed by the Director.
- Ensure payment requisitions are in line with the budget and sign petty cash forms for program expenditure.
- Ensuring donor reports are completed and submitted by Program Coordinators are up to maxima standard before sending them to the Fundraiser.
- Develop a system and implement effective monitoring evaluation and reporting and use data collected to continuously improve services and ensure maximum impact for beneficiaries in programs.
- Attend regular monthly meetings with the Director.
- Submit monthly reports to the Director.
- Attend Financial Committee meetings and Management Committee meetings.
- Maintain a register to identify and evaluate the key risks faced by the EDCCT program and implement measures to control risks and communicating it to the Director.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, and other organization to help achieve the vision of the organization.
- Matric, Tertiary education in Management, Social Sciences, or Community Development
- At least 5 years of working experience in a management role in the NGO Sector
- Must be an outspoken individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and administration skills
- Experience of conflict resolution and problem solving
- Time keeping and ethical work practices
- Ability to communicate and transfer skills to the community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Xhosa and English
- Driver’s license.
- Good understanding of the NGO environment and Xhosa culture
Submit your CV and at least three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 021 386 2560.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 6 February, 2020