Key performance areas include the following training:
- record audio and video material to be edited and packaged into a news insert for broadcast.
- plan and develop the visual presentation of a story with a reporter assigned to the news story.
- apply the principles of visual story telling through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements, making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour balance.
- cover news events by shooting sequences with continuity for editing purposes.
- use correct lighting and sound recording techniques to comply with broadcast standards.
- edit video and audio for a news insert, out on location.
- transmit video and audio material from out on location back to the studio or to the bureaus, as instructed.
- A minimum of 2 years study completed and requiring “on the job” training.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A keen interest in news and current affairs.
- A good general knowledge.
Note: the successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends and public holiday, and standby shifts. This is a one year fixed term contract position only.
How to Apply
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application form together with a detailed CV to the HR Department at email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.
Closing date: 25 October 2013