e.TV SENIOR ENG CAMERAMAN
Reporting to the Bureau Chief your key performance areas will include:
- Plan and develop the visual presentation of the story with the reporter assigned to the news story
- Film and record audio material to be edited and packaged as news inserts for news broadcasts
- Film and record audio material to be edited and packaged as documentary programs for current affairs shows
- Video and audio editing of news stories and feature pieces filmed on location
- Responsible for equipment and all technical aspects while on assignment
- Feed edited or raw material from location using 3G, Wifi and BGAN
- Responsible for the ENG kit assigned to you
- A relevant tertiary education qualification
- At least 8 years camera experience
- Skilled in conceptualizing, visualizing, story boarding and directing news and documentary programs
- Thorough knowledge of the technical operations and functions of the ENG camera, tripod, lights and audio equipment
- Experience in lighting and sound recording techniques
- Fully proficient on Final Cut Pro editing software and Apple Mac operation
- Fully proficient in feeding material via FTP using either BGAN or 3G
- Solid knowledge of news and current affairs particularly regarding the African continent
- Demonstrable ability to work under extreme pressure in trying situations
- Valid driver’s license
- The successful candidate will be required to travel extensively, work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
- Shortlisted candidates will be tested in all aspects of the above requirements.
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application form together with a detailed CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 27th September 2013.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response 14 days after the closing date, please assume that your application was not successful.