Reporting to the Cape Town News Editor your key performance areas will include:
- Film and record audio material to be edited and packaged as news inserts for news broadcasts
- Plan and develop the visual presentation of the story with the reporter assigned to the news story
- Apply the principles of visual story telling through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements and making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour saturation
- Cover news events by filming sequences in continuity for editing purposes
- Use the correct lighting and sound recording techniques complying with broadcast standards
- Video and audio editing of news stories filmed on location
- Feed edited or raw material from location to the base station or to bureaus as instructed
- Responsible for the ENG kit assigned to you and keep it in a state of readiness at all times
- At least 3 years camera experience
- A working knowledge of the technical operations and functions of the ENG camera, tripod, lights, microphones and cables
- Demonstrable ability to work under extreme pressure in trying situations
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- A good understanding of the Final Cut Pro Editing System and latest related technologies
- Valid driver’s licence
- A good general knowledge
- The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application form together with a detailed CV to the HR Department at [email protected]
Closing date: 27 September 2013.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.