Founded in 1915, Naspers is a global internet and entertainment group and one of the largest technology investors in the world.
Operating in more than 130 countries and markets with long-term growth potential, Naspers builds leading companies that empower people and enrich communities. It runs some of the world’s leading platforms in internet, video entertainment, and media.
Naspers companies connect people to each other and the wider world, help people improve their daily lives, and entertain audiences with the best of local and global content.
Every day, hundreds of millions of people use the products and services of companies that Naspers has invested in, acquired and built, including Allegro, Avito, eMAG, Flipkart, Letgo, Mail.Ru (LSE: MAIL), Movile, MultiChoice, OLX, PayU, ShowMax, SimilarWeb, and Tencent (SEHK 00700).
Naspers is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (NPN.SJ) and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: NPSN).
- Support the Naspers Events team by managing all administrative details
- Support and co-ordinate internal and external events according to brief in service of key internal clients
- Deliver end-to-end events support services in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for allocated events, including:
- Guest list and RSVP management
- Events logistics and set-up
- Coordination of branding and promotional items
- Event administration and logistics
- Manage supplier payments as per agreement
- Build strong relationships with clients and vendors to deliver on events requirements
- Keeping abreast of latest innovation and trends in events management for application in the organization including the latest technology enabled applications for RSVP handling, etc.
- Ensure application of events management policies
- Compile detailed activity reports for management review
- Handle travel arrangements, diaries and meetings
- Keep and maintain relevant records, dates, events
- General filling, administration and adhoc projects
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and organize
- Deadline driven
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proactive & eager to learn
- Customer oriented with a flair for service excellence
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a Tertiary qualification – 3-year Bachelor’s degree/ National Diploma in Events Management or Marketing
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office package)
- Certificate in Project Management will be advantageous