Exodus Foundation Ministries South Africa (EFMSA) is a faith-based NGO providing community-based HIV Services including HIV Testing. EFMSA has programs in the City of Johannesburg, City of Tshwane, eThekwini City Metro and uMgungundlovu district.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Manager
Job Location: Durban
This is a fixed term position which is renewable based on performance and donor funding.
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with EFMSA’s job grading system will be offered.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Manager will have the direct responsibility for leading EFMSA’s overall research, monitoring and evaluation framework, manage the MER strategic guidance and capacity building across departments, and develop innovative approaches to improve the MER systems and standards to improve programme quality, implementation and sustainability. Ensure timely submissions of MER reports to the donor.
- Design and refine EFMSA wide MER framework to effectively measure and report outputs and outcomes
- Build and refine high-quality MER database to allow for real-time, accurate tracking of activities that reflects overall findings and impact
- Identify and provide MER insights and recommendations based on data reviewed and tracked
- Participate in New MER product development as well as new business proposal development
- Be the point of contact for MER department
- Provide MER Support for all EFMSA implementation sites
- Develop and implement monitoring systems that will respond effectively to respective donor interests
- Track and monitor EFMSA’s achievements against assigned targets on a given timeframe as per respective grants
- Standardise MER systems and processes across all EFMSA implementation sites
- Design and implement data verification and validation processes
- Supervise staff within MER division
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to the Director, Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors and respective donors as relevant
- Develops daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual project reports as required
- Prepare relevant data systems, analysis and graphical representation as requested
- Represent and share EFMSA’s work achievements in different forums
- Participate in EFMSA’s senior staff strategic planning
- Relevant Master’s degree in Public Health Statistics, Sciences or similar is required
- Minimum three to five years MER experience in a similar position is required
- A supporting qualification in MER is an advantage
- Experience in developing results based frameworks and developing theories of change for large scale projects
- Experience working as a partner in collaborative and team research projects on gender based violence and HIV and AIDS in Southern Africa
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks for projects
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience using Donor and Department of Health’s reporting Systems is advantageous
- Ability to write funding proposals and reports
- Skilled in basic statistical analysis
- Ability to present research findings
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English and one other South African Language
To apply, forward a detailed CV stating the position applied for, together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and an e-mail address) of at least three contactable referees, to Mbalenhle Zwane at [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
E-mail users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both ‘Return Receipt’ and ‘Confirm Delivery’.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
If you have not been contacted within one month after closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
EFMSA reserves the right to not fill this position.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2018