FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Senior SI Advisor for the EpiC project in South Africa. The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In South Africa, EpiC will be implementing a voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) service delivery project which aims to reduce HIV infections through targeted provision of VMMC in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals.
To achieve this goal, the program will increase demand for and provide high quality, high volume cost-efficient VMMC services in South Africa, coordinate with USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain implementing partner and support the transition of direct VMMC service delivery to the Government of South Africa.
Job Title: Senior Strategic Information Advisor
- The Senior SI Advisor will lead monitoring and evaluation for the VMMC project, under the oversight of the Project Director. S/he will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
- The Senior SI Advisor will help enhance or develop systems across sites to monitor service delivery, demand creation activities and performance in real-time in order to plan VMMC services and demand creation more effectively and to meet reporting requirements.
- S/he will develop and support continuous quality improvement systems across program sites to ensure ongoing program improvement and reaching of targets.
- S/he will ensure program data is tracked, verified and supporting documentation is maintained and reported to USAID/PEPFAR and in DATIM. S/he will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the targeted geographic area, which may include working with program stakeholders and partners to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination on the national level.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position:
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum eight years working on in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analyzing data to support performance improvement of programs funded by PEPFAR. Experience working on M&E of VMMC programs is preferable;
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, managing online databases to ensure easy access to data and data reports;
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info; and/or software;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting;
- Previous experience building capacity for generation and use of strategic information; and
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
The position will ideally be based in Pretoria, South Africa and work out of the FHI 360 office. Preference is for South African nationals or expatriate professionals already residing in South Africa.
Vsit the FHI 360 Careers Page to search, view and apply for posted jobs. Jobs seeking only internal candidates will not appear in external search results. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Requisition: Requisition – 2019201638 Senior Strategic Information Advisor
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 18 September, 2019