Feenix was launched in June 2017 as a response to the #FeesMustFall movement that spread across campuses in South Africa during 2015 and 2016.
This movement highlighted the extremely high cost of tertiary education and the impact financial stress has on student success rates. Feenix is a Non Profit online fundraising platform that connects communities and students.
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Location: Cape Town
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
Remuneration: R168 000 – R 222 000 (dependent on experience)
Start date: ASAP
The purpose of the position is to coordinate and assist with the execution of marketing activities for Feenix.
- Assisting in maintaining and building online presence, including funder and student communities as per the business strategy
- Assisting in Email marketing and newsletters.
- Planning, management, coordination, facilitation and progress tracking of marketing campaigns.
- Assisting in creating basic designs using existing templates in MS Office packages, Adobe PhotoShop, or online photo editing applications, with an eye for design
- General admin support
- Continuing to elevate the Feenix Brand – drive communication that is authentic, simple and transparent
- Minimum 1 years’ work experience in digital, website and social media marketing (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter);
- Excellent time management by working on multiple tasks, shifting priorities as necessary and organising tasks and materials to meet pressing deadlines;
- Actively involved on social media, aware of digital trends and innovations;
- Excellent communication and follow-through;
- Accuracy with attention to quality and detail;
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage internal/external partnerships successfully;
- Need to align with our mission and vision.
- Advanced computer literacy skills required particularity in Excel, PowerPoint, Google applications & project management tools;
- Experience in the NGO space
- Experience in the innovation and tech space
- A creative storyteller
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, New Media or relevant field
Feenix is a team of young innovators who believe that access to education is one of the most important issues affecting South Africa today. We use online crowdfunding to connect students and communities in order to fundraise towards debt-free education.
Please send the following to Mabel at [email protected] with the subject Feenix Marketing Coordinator:
- Cover letter motivating your application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Application Deadline: Monday, 14 October, 2019