FHI 360is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Location: South Africa
The Financial Analyst will contribute to the financial management of the East and Southern Africa Regional office by supporting in the following areas: Financial process efficiency, project analysis, budget preparation, financial reporting.
The role in particular involves:
- The role will work closely with the Regional Finance Advisor, Director Financial Support and Operations and country program team to support the monthly reforecast process including data collection and consolidation, report generation;
- The Analyst will work with program teams to review work plan budgets and how they impact the monthly projected burn rates;
- Collaborate with Field Finance Managers and Program staff to determine revenue pipeline;
- Track actual program revenue and projected program revenue for current year and for 2-5 years in the future;
- Using the multi-year forecast model, generate, analyse and provide commentary on financial scenarios for the Business Unit for dissemination to senior management team;
- Analysis and financial commentary on pipeline reports prepared by country offices. The role will analyse the monthly pipeline reports and burn rates to help assure FHI 360 that we are tracking financial obligations to sub partners and detailed monitoring of budgets to assure compliance with funder terms and conditions;
- Perform financial reviews for the country portfolios
- Working closely with the ESA team, analyse the ESA program portfolio (pipeline analysis, expenditure review) in consultation with SPOs, ESD and country program teams. Conduct analysis of budget trends for developing new CO strategies and revising existing strategies;
- Support the programme staff to understand individual income streams and the budget process, providing detailed analysis and evaluation to designated program managers through monthly/quarterly review meetings;
- Review budget modifications for the BU prior to finalisation;
- Advise country offices management through reports and special studies on the progress of financial plans, funds requirements, and opportunities to effect savings, and alternative suggested allocations to cover budgetary shortfalls.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or related field, and 3 -5 years combined experience in accounting/budgeting management;
- MS/MA/MBA with 3 -5 years combined experience in accounting/budgeting management.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, may structure work of staff members.
Please visit our career site on www.fhi360.org and useJob ID 2019200870 to submit your cover letter and CV.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 30 May, 2019