Posted on :
5 Jun, 2014
5 Jun, 2014
Field Services Engineer: Patient Care & Monitoring Solutions – Cape Town
Philips is a multinational company with activities in healthcare, lighting and consumer life style. Philips is a public company listed at the New York and Amsterdam stock exchange. Philips is active in more than 100 countries around the globe. It‘s headquarters are in the Netherlands.
About Philips Africa
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa is definitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
Working at Philips Healthcare
Modern medical care is increasingly complex and technology-based. The new age of personalized medicine will make it even more so, with sophisticated diagnostic tests and genetic profiling playing an important part in therapy selection as well as diagnosis. In terms of clinical outcome, it’s fantastic news. However, in terms of the patient experience and hospital workload, it means that the process of diagnosis and treatment will become ever more complicated. That’s why Philips Healthcare combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create people-focused ‘healthcare-simplified’ solutions that help to relieve the mental as well as the physical burden of disease.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips Healthcare operates in the key areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Within these areas it offers unique business propositions that deliver value throughout the cycle of care – from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making. Want to know more? Take a look at some of Philips Healthcare’s business highlights.
A career at Philips Healthcare won’t see you stuck in an office or laboratory. Our commitment to meeting the needs of patients and clinicians means you’ll be dealing with real people, understanding the way they work, the way they feel and what it takes to improve their daily lives. And because those needs and ways of working are different in different parts of the world, working for Philips Healthcare will give you a unique perspective on the global healthcare industry – a unique opportunity to personalize your career in an era of personalized medicine.
Aim of the job:
Responsible for maintaining and installing professionally Healthcare equipment and maximizing customer satisfaction.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Install Philips Healthcare (PH) equipment according standards with respect to quality and installation time as set by PH
· Perform planned maintenance and equipment modifications within the scheduled time and to the quality standards set by PH
· Perform corrective maintenance, supported when necessary by tier-2 support helpdesk
· Demonstrate commitments to meet customer needs and requirements by ensuring all given quality standards
· Submit timely and accurate service data, job sheets, reports, expense claims, radiation film badges, field problem reports and other paperwork as assigned
· Be aware of customer needs and potential commercial leads through customer visits and provide feedback and recommendations to the management, relevant people within the organization
· Use company property with care to ensure optimal results with minimal operational costs
· Keep abreast of new technologies likely to affect PH range of products
· Be a professional representative for PH with respect to customer problems, ensuring personal acceptability by the customer in appearance and behavior in accordance with PH policy and targets
· Responsible for executing service events (maintenance & Installation) in compliance with applicable version of Business Unit (BU) service manuals and relevant PH quality standard policies
· Responsible for completeness and accuracy of service records with particular attention to test & inspection results
· Responsible for adopting appropriate ESD control while servicing PH equipment
· Responsible for using appropriate electronic measurement equipment in calibration controlled cycle
· Responsible for reporting identified device safety issues according to applicable PH quality standard policy
· Responsible for reporting customer feedback according to applicable quality standard policy and follow up relevant assigned quality & regulatory training in a timely manner
· Order spare parts
· Execute service activities when product certified
· Initiate quote generation
· Initiate new and changes in Installed Base data
· Consignment stock days
· Jobs / FSE day
· Continuous Quality Customer Satisfaction (CQCS)
· Service Order Closure (Days)
Education & Experience
· Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA accredited Equivalent
· 3 year Degree in Electrical Engineering or SAQA accredited Equivalent
· 2 – 5 years’ experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of technical complex systems
· Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language
· Experience in performing Corrective Maintenance and Planned Maintenance on Patient Care and Monitoring Equipment
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process for the. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Job Customer Service – Product/Technical Support
Primary Location South Africa
Organization Healthcare Africa (Peter van de Ven (15760395))