Posted on :
15 Nov, 2013
15 Nov, 2013
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for providing a Quality service to the business customers with accurate MMU calibrations based on SABS 9001 standards and in the cycle count specification limit.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute MMU monthly Calibration Scheduled, communicating with Operations Manager and Line Managers to ensure MMU availability for calibration date.
• Execute MMU routine Product Pump Calibration on Customer Benches to ensure correct quantities down the hole.
• Perform engineering inspections, identify problem areas and implement pro-active maintenance and plant quality improvement corrective action.
• Ensure Quality LDV kept in good clean working condition with services up to date.
• Ensure all quality instruments and LDV load test are certificated on a three monthly basis.
• Record all quality tests done on each mine visit for record keeping
• Ensure MMU of a consistent quality product, capability records and improve stock cycle count efficiencies from MMU’s.
• Provide appropriate and adequate feedback and record all quality tests, calibrations and certifications of all MMU’s.
• Perform safety and health inspections and implement corrective action.
• Be actively involved in World class Quality and keep quality manual updated with quality active monitoring and record it in the Site Improvement Plan.
• Must be able to perform overtime duties.
• Must be able to perform full time afternoon shift work duties and weekends.
• Quality LDV to be used for transport to work.
• Must be able to work without supervision at all times
• Must be willing to be cross-trained on blasting competency and quality equipment
• Must be able to do all mine inductions and pit licences to enter the mine blasting areas.
Required Qualification & Skills
• Grade 12
• Field Service Superintended Experience
• Minimum of 5 years working on mobile manufacturing units/ explosives trucks, or other trucks within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience on Man, Volvo and Iveco trucks PLC Processes Calibrations is highly desirable.
• Must have explosive product knowledge.
• Must have a code 14 driver’s licence.
• Must have experience working on Hydraulics and pneumatics
• Must have experience working with hand tools provided inside quality LDV toolbox.
• Hands-on technical, experience is essential.
• A good understanding and knowledge of safety standards, quality management and production processes.
• A Rigging Certificate to operate Fixed and Mobile Cranes would be advantageous
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Reporting To (Job Title)||Engineering Manager|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Location – Town / City||Witbank, Emalahleni|
|Location – Province||Mpumalanga|
|Location – Country||South Africa|