Posted on :
21 Mar, 2014
21 Mar, 2014
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
To provide a proactive, efficient and effective finance, budget and administration coordination to the Marketing team in accordance with the overall Marketing strategy for Sub-Saharan Africa
This support will be focused on ensuring that the operational processes work efficiently within the team with respect to marketing budget management and adherence to policies and processes related to marketing activities. Working with the Head of Marketing on the compilation of finance reports and annual budget commitments will be a further key responsibility in this role.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS AREA
Budget Administration and management:
– Administration of the marketing budget in Hyperion system, provision of variance analysis, liaison with finance and reporting of monthly budget forecasts.
– Administration of the quarterly budget re-forecast process together with the marketing team and uploading into Hyperion
– Administration of credit notes and accruals within the budget
– Management of monthly receiving in I-Procurement for marketing goods and services in the region
– Management and administration of the budget tracking sheets, in conjunction with marketing team ensure that that monthly, quarterly and annual spend targets are met optimally and efficiently.
– Balancing of monthly actuals versus budget and forecasts & provision of month end closing position reports
– Reconciliation of third party invoices, invoice matching.
– Administration of I – Procurement including liaison with suppliers and finance business partners to ensure efficient processing of purchase orders, receiving and timely invoicing by suppliers
– Work with the marketing team to ensure that appropriate documentation is in place in order that Purchase Orders are timeously obtained for all marketing projects.
– Ensure all contracts and Work Statements are completed in timely manner and comply with all policies and processes
– Ensure the timely procurement of PO’s for activities and provision of same to all agencies.
– Ensure timely payment of invoices.
– Respond to marketing budget queries.
– Work with marketing team and agencies to ensure a high standard of compliance to financial, audit and policy requirements in respect to the Visa procurement and finance process in the region.
– Ensure all marketing finance and administrative policies and procedures are adhered to
– Assist in Marketing compliance activities
– Degree in Accounting, related qualification or proven multi-year experience in similar role
– Previous experience of working in an international environment required
– Excellent Computer skills and In-depth knowledge of MS Office Packages (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel); Oracle
– Marketing Finance (budget, procurement, audit, compliance) expertise
– Excellent project management skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with colleagues, senior management and customers.
– Ability to recognize potential issues as they arise and escalate appropriately
– Strong analytical and administration skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail
– Previous experience working and thriving in a fast paced and dynamic environment
– Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
– Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
– Creative, innovative and dedicated self-starter, organized and multi-tasking
– Business and financial services acumen, banking/payments industry understanding preferred
– Teamwork & Collaboration – works with others across the organization to maximize group effectiveness, achieve optimum performance and minimize duplication of effort
– Client focused – focuses on efforts cultivating client relationships and managing client expectations to achieve business objectives