- Provides support to the Southern Africa commercial and finance team in managing the Rx commercial business within the finance functions.
- The role reports into the Commercial Finance Partner.
- Preparing month-end journals and ensuring these are processed within the required month-end timetable.
- Assisting in above country roll out of projects and data scrubbing
- Developing brand P&L’s
- Monitoring of Working Capital
- Preparing and communicating to budget holders monthly overheads report of actuals vs budgets.
- Preparing monthly sales reports for gross and net sales
- Preparing monthly sales and expense trackers
- Consolidating monthly sales forecasts done by the sales team.
- Perform monthly Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc requests and assistance with quarterly requests.
- Maintenance of knowledge documents and SOP’s.
- Support to the Finance Manager on a daily basis in assistance to the sales team.
- Assistance to the Finance Manager with annual budget preparations, monthly forecasts, internal plan compilations and assistance with the management thereof.
- B.Com degree, Financial Management or Accounting (Please supply all results)
- JD Edwards (Not critical)
- Microsoft Office Suite including excel, word and PowerPoint
- Advanced excel knowledge preferable
- Sense of urgency
- Focus on customer needs
- High integrity
- Enthusiastic team player
- Willing to learn
- Medium level of accounting knowledge, as currently applicable
- Extensive and detailed GSK SOP knowledge
- Knowledge of internal controls and the application thereof to a commercial entity
- Role is not complex
- This is a learning opportunity and relates mainly to daily tasks with the assistance of the Finance Manager.
- The role is governed to a fair degree by procedures and standards, these however set a framework to operate within and around which discretion, innovation and creativity is applied
- The role is about day to day management of already implemented processes.
- Providing assistance to the Finance Manager during the budgeting
How to Apply
Closing Date: 01 December 2013