Posted on :
17 Jan, 2018
17 Jan, 2018
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP (x2) (TWO YEAR CONTRACT)
Salary: R10 000 per month (all inclusive)
Candidates from the district municipal region (preferable from previous disadvantaged communities), who have already obtained an appropriate three-year tertiary qualification in a financial field, are invited to gain practical experience in Local Government financial management.
To qualify for appointment, candidates must be in possession of a relevant tertiary qualification in a financial field, for example Management Accounting, Local Government Finance or Financial Accounting as a final year major.
Reasonable written and verbal communication skills, as well as computer literacy, are further requirements.
Although not a prerequisite, any practical experience will be beneficial.
The successful applicants will primarily be trained in the key areas of the Finance Department to ensure that they develop the necessary skills. Note(s):
• Applicants should confirm their employment history by submitting the following supporting documentation: – Qualifications (Degree / Diploma must be attached) – Identity Document (SA) – Valid drivers license / valid PrDP (where applicable) – Confirmation of current / previous employment – Any other applicable documentation required.
• Preference will be given to candidates from the Eden District.
• Candidates must be willing to be subjected to practical/ proficiency testing.
• Candidates must be willing to be subjected to a medical fitness test and a criminal record check.
• Council reserves the right not to make or confirm appointments.
• Your application will also be subjected to references from your previous Employers.
• No late, faxed or email application will be accepted.
This reform project is an initiative of National Treasury and is aimed at capacitating and training young graduates, up to the age of 35, for a career in Local Government Finance.
Application forms and further information:
Please forward a completed application form with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanies by original certified copies of your Identity Document, driver’s license and relevant qualifications to Eden District Municipality, Registration Section, P.O Box 12 or 54 York Street, George 6530.
The application forms are available at the offices of Eden District Municipality or visit the Eden DM website at www.edendm.gov.za.
Only shortlisted candidates will contacted. Should candidates not be contacted within two month after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make or confirm an appointment. Contact Person: Ms Mary-Ann Nyoka on 044- 803 1413.
Closing date: Monday, 29 January 2018 before 16h30.