Posted on :
7 Jun, 2016
7 Jun, 2016
The Finance Department seeks to appoint an innovative finance manager, with the skills to oversee, monitor, advise, support, implement and deliver financial solutions within the UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB), for permanent appointment as soon as possible, preferably no later than 01 September 2016.
The UCT Graduate School of Business is home to the only full-time African MBA ranked in the top 100 by the prestigious Financial Times and with full EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (Europe); AMBA accreditation from the Association of MBAs (UK) and AACSB accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (USA), our school is among the best in the world. We take a four-pronged approach to excellence that combines academic rigour, societal relevance, innovation in teaching and thought leadership to transform our students – taking them from a place of knowing to doing to being.
As part of the senior administrative team within the Business School, and as a key member of the Finance Department, you will provide high-level financial, strategic, systems & operational perspective to allow the Business School and its hotel, to function optimally in alignment with University objectives and the Business School’s strategic direction. You will be required to ensure adherence to statutory requirements, assess financial risk and strive for operational efficiencies across the entire unit, as well as undertake various ad hoc projects as needs arise. You would need to demonstrate self-management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be a “hands on” team player with a demonstrated record of accomplishment to-date.
· a) An accounting degree (e.g. BCOM) or other equivalent accounting or management accounting / costing qualification, OR b) equivalent experience, which would equate to a minimum of 8 years with similar/same responsibilities at the level sought for this post
· Coupled with a) above, 5 years relevant management experience, including as part of a senior management team in a large to medium size organizational environment, preferably with broad exposure to management accounting
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
· 3-5 years system experience on SAP (CO and /or FI modules) or a similar ERP system
· Attention to detail; proven high level analytical and interpretive abilities; report writing and an uncompromising attitude to meeting deadlines
· Proven negotiation and presentation skills
· An ability to interact successfully with individuals across various levels, within and external to the organisation
· A commitment to the provision of excellent client service in a cross-cultural environment
Responsibilities (Key performance areas):
· Financial planning and budgeting
· Financial analysis, evaluation and periodic reporting
· Financial control and risk management
· Financial advice to a large client base
· Contractual negotiations and approvals
· Recruitment, education and training: faculty-wide
· Human resource management: own department
As with all positions at the GSB, integrity is an absolute requirement and candidates will need to possess a value system that embraces the GSB values, vision and strategy.
The annual cost of employment, which includes benefits, is between R655 416 and R771 077.
To apply, please visit http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/workforus, click on blue box “View all jobs”, follow the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert and submit the following documents:
– Signed UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Letter of motivation (1 page), and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV) (max 5 pages)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency assessment.
Telephone: 021 650 5764 Website: www.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E16084 Closing date: 24 June 2016
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available athttp://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract Black African, South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.