The ISS is seeking a Finance Officer to assist with donor accounting and reporting for a Hanns Seidel Foundation (HSF) grant. The Finance Officer will have primary day-to-day responsibility for accounting and clerical tasks and must ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of the HSF grant and relevant programme finances.
The Finance Officer will need exceptional organisational skills, be a motivated team player who’s able to work under pressure, and have an enthusiastic and ‘hands-on’ approach to the job. The successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Officer.
Overview of duties
- Assist with the preparation of HSF annual budgets and forecasting
- Maintain HSF donor files, reporting schedules and calendars
- Assist the Group Financial Officer to input and maintain HSF budgets on Accpac
- Issue letters of confirmation of receipts to donors
- Preparation of variance reports and general ledger reports on monthly basis
- Work closely with Programme Administrators to balance donor Budget Monitoring Templates
- Preparation of all HSF donor reports
- Assist the Group Financial Officer in preparing and conducting project certificate audits
- Assist the Group Financial Officer with year-end audit preparation
- Maintain fixed assets to operate in accordance with policies and procedures
- Perform and oversee tax calculations and filing to ensure that all statutory obligations are met in a timely manner
Overview of requirements
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- A minimum of three years’ grant administration/management in an NGO environment
- Proven financial grant administration experience will be advantageous
- Good understanding and working knowledge of project management
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and fluent in English
- Computer literacy: Excel, Word, Internet, email
- Willing to travel to regional offices in Dakar, Addis and Nairobi
- Knowledge and working experience of Accpac accounting software
The contract will be for one year, and may be renewed subject to programme requirements, funding and satisfactory performance. A competitive salary is offered.
How To Apply
Email your application to Rekha Valabh at [email protected] Applicants must provide a cover letter and detailed CV, including at least two contactable referees. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 15 July 2016
The ISS is committed to achieving employment equity in the workplace. Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.