Posted on :
9 May, 2017
9 May, 2017
The Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) was launched in December 1985 after four years of unity talks between unions opposed to apartheid and committed to a non-racial, non-sexist and democratic South Africa.
At our launch we represented less than half a million workers organised in 33 unions. We currently have more than two million workers, of whom at least 1.8 million are paid up.
Even by international standards we have been among the fastest growing trade union movements in the world. Today when most trade unions are facing a decline in membership, we have continued to grow.
The Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) is inviting applications for the Financial Clerk Intern x 2 based in its Head Office, Braamfontein.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the COSATU CCBA Project to ensure the finance administration operates in an efficient and effective manner by ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered in performing duties.
The Financial Clerk(s) must comply with the Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Responsibility and Tasks:
• Maintain Cash Flow for the current year
• Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets
• Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget
• Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records
• Submitting Quarterly Reports to the COSATU Education Dept and NSF
• Regularly getting direction from the COSATU Financial Manager on the Account and Financial data accuracy
• Perform other General Accounting support tasks in the corporate finance department
• Ensure that creditors invoices are paid within the period of 30 days and follow up with suppliers on outstanding
• Prepare requisition for payments
• Request statements from suppliers where necessary to ensure that all invoices are included
• Submit documents for approval before payment.
• Prepare creditors reconciliation of accounts and submit to HOD for review and approval
• Diploma or equivalent qualification in finance
• Ability to work as a team and meet deadlines
• Take initiative to be able to solve the problems
• Knowledge of advance Excel and PowerPoint, Ms Windows
• Be prepared to work flexible hours when required.
All applications should be sent before 12 May 2017 with a detailed CV to Khanyisile Fakude Email to: [email protected].