Posted on :
10 Aug, 2021
10 Aug, 2021
In accordance with the provisions of section 51(1)(a)(ii) of the Public Finance Management Act, section 68(2) of the Financial Sector Regulation Act, Act 9 of 2017 and National Treasury Regulations 3.1.13 and 27(1), each public entity is required to constitute an Audit Committee that will serve as an independent advisory body which must advise the Accounting Authority of the entity with its oversight responsibilities.
Job Title: FSCA Audit Committee Members Advert
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 2021
Contract Type: Contract 24 Months
Salary: Market Related
Applications are hereby invited from members of the public, to serve as an Audit Committee member of the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA), Office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers and Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator. The term of office of the appointed Audit Committee member shall be for a period of two (2) years and may be subject to renewal at the discretion of the FSCA.
• Relevant knowledge and experience in corporate governance, business and financial management at an executive level.
• Knowledge and experience in risk management, accounting and public sector reporting, at an executive level.
• Knowledge and understanding of and exposure to legislation/policies (PFMA/GRAP//National Treasury Regulations and relevant practices notes)
• Knowledge and understanding of the roles of internal audit committee.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Knowledge and experience in reviewing the annual financial statements, audit and management reports.
• Knowledge and experience in integrated reporting and
• Knowledge and experience in combined assurance.
Application Deadline: 20/08/2021
Applicants should be in a possession of a relevant degree, or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 8. Membership to a professional body will be an added advantage.
Please take note that qualifications and SA citizenship checks will be conducted on short-listed/recommended candidates and, where applicable, additional checks will be conducted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).