Posted on :
30 Aug, 2021
30 Aug, 2021
To support IT specialists in assisting clients with hardware and software related technical issues and to provide on-site or remote IT technical assistance including troubleshooting of IT issues. The person appointed to this position will report to the Infrastructure Manager.
Job Title: DESKTOP TECHNICIANS (FIXED TERM CONTRACT ) INFORMATION COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: 0000
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
Manage the FSCA ICT service desk function as an entry point or single point of contact (SPOC) for business users.
• Respond to calls on ICT Call Centre telephone system.
• Log, categorise, prioritise and route service tickets on the ICT incident management system.
▪ Respond to incidents and service requests and ensure that they are successfully finalised and update stakeholders accordingly.
▪ Identify, analyse, troubleshoot and resolve computer problem affecting user’s ability to perform business functions.
▪ Install, configure, modify and delete user settings according to the FSCA operating standards on new and existing user computers.
▪ Setup and configure application clients on new and existing user computers.
▪ Monitor application processes and availability.
▪ Create new user and computer profiles and retire old users and computer profiles from the user computers.
▪ Escalate application related queries to other ICT departments whilst adhering to approved governance frameworks.
▪ Manage, maintain and support of the audio-visual equipment in the boardroom and all collaboration solutions.
▪ Provide management of the FSCA printer services in the FSCA environment.
▪ Install and configure security end point protection and mail encryption solution and ensure that they are always set up as per the FSCA’s policies and principles.
▪ Liaise with external vendors to resolve incidences and problems whilst observing governance.
▪ Participating in team meetings, team discussions and workshops.
▪ Undertake research to investigate improvement of service support to the FSCA
Other Key Competencies:
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes: Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or similar role. Hands-on experience with Windows or Linux or Mac OS environments. Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners. Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs. Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions. Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills. Customer-oriented attitude.
FSCA is committed towards increasing the representation of marginalised groups in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short listed candidates and that the FSCA reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
A National Diploma in IT or Computer Systems or equivalent. A+ or N+ITIL Foundation certification. Minimum 3 years of Desktop Support Experience.
Application Deadline: 07/09/2021