Posted on :
22 Mar, 2017
22 Mar, 2017
The Steve Tshwete Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for Fire Fighter Learnership position/s available within the emergency services department.
The Steve Tshwete Municipality is a fast growing and financially sound Municipality with 229 831 citizens, situated in the middle of Mpumalanga, only 120km from central Gauteng.
Moderate climate with many surrounding holiday resorts.
Steve Tshwete Local Council is committed to achieve and maintain diversity and equity in employment in respect of race, gender and especially disability.
Ref No: 3255
Salary scale: R118 230/ R119 706/ R123 495/ R127 500/ R131 700 p.a.
Benefits offered: Contribution to Medical Aid, Pension Fund and Housing
• Grade 12
• A valid Code C1 driver’s license
• A valid PDP.
• Basic Ambulance Assistant
• Registered with the HPCSA and Fire Fighter I would be an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
• Report to Leading Fighters, assist with operational duties, maintenance, cleaning of station, fire & rescue vehicles and equipment.
• Perform daily inspections of fire & rescue vehicles and equipment.
• Attend occupational health and safety programs.
• Participate in fire prevention to ensure and maintain the safety of the community.
• Assist with complaints from members of the public.
• Perform ad-hoc tasks as and when required by the department.
1. The appointment of a candidate is at the Steve Tshwete Local Councils’ sole discretion, taking into account all relevant legislation, council policies and procedures, notwithstanding our Employment Equity goals.
2. The submission of an application gives Steve Tshwete Local Council the right to make inquiries necessary to obtain information regarding the applicant’s background. Such inquiry will include current and previous employers as well as academic institutions
3. Applicants who have not been responded to within six weeks of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
4. Steve Tshwete Local Council reserves the right not to make an appointment in any or all of the above vacancies, and correspondence will only be limited to short-listed candidates.
How to apply
1. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form (BELOW)
2. or by means of a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter, together with certified copies of qualifications or certificates and identity document to: Human Capital Management, P O Box 14, Middelburg, 1050.
Further Enquiries: Tel: (013) 249 7335/7021. Contact Person: Nsovo Mateteswa
3. Incomplete or incorrect information on an application form or CV form will disqualify an applicant.
4. Only posted or hand delivered applications will be accepted.
All applications must reach the Municipality by the closing date of 24 March 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to VIEW AND DOWNLOAD APPLICATION