Crush is a website that focuses primarily on food, wine and lifestyle content. Want to get up, close, and personal with digital? Love food, wine, beer, and all things that make life good?
Then we need you.
We’re looking for someone with untapped writing ability who wants to learn more about online publishing. You’ll need to be able to combine your love for the written word, with your love for all things lifestyle, to produce awesome online content.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A great attitude.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Kickass writing skills.
- Creativity and ideas.
- Interest in online publishing.
- Experience working in WordPress or similar CMS preferable.
- Basic Photoshop – resize, colour balance, and export images.
- Interest and knowledge of food, wine, and lifestyle topics.
- SEO understanding.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to jump in, take instruction, and get the job done.
- A sense of fun and a love for food!
- Collate existing content into interesting web posts.
- Research content ideas.
- Write web posts.
- Upload original and PR style web content into WordPress (SEO, meta tags, alt text, etc).
- Resize images (basic Photoshop).
- Contribute at content planning meetings for the mailers/web content.
- Assist on shoots where necessary.
This role would best suit a talented young graduate looking to gain experience in online publishing. You’ll learn everything there is to know about how a website runs and how the digital space works.
You don’t necessarily need a lot of experience, what you will need though is a good attitude, creativity, and a willingness to work hard.
If you fit the bill, please send us your CV, and we don’t mean just press auto-send, make an effort, stand out! Tell us why we simply can’t live without you in our team.
What you need to do to apply:
Send your cover letter and a summarised CV, not a 10-page novel. to Julie: [email protected]
Please note: Applications are open to Cape Town-based candidates only. Only applicants with the relevant experience will be contacted.
Due to the number of applications received, not all emails will be responded to. If you’ve read this advert properly and meet all the requirements, then send us an email with the words ‘waffles with sprinkles’ in the subject line to be considered.
If your subject line or body copy doesn’t include these words, we’ll know that you haven’t taken the time to read this full ad, and your application won’t be considered.